Game lagging very hard

Hi!
I was experiencing huge lags in my game. Can that be caused because of connecting RunService:Heartbeat() for every player in game? When he joins, I connect a function to Heartbeat. Does it really matter?
How can i check what caused lags?

2 Likes

It’s the first time in my life I’m hearing about it Heart beat what is Heartbeat?

1 Like

Sorry, misstyped - i meant
RunService.Heartbeat:Connect()

Do you know if changing CustomPhysicalProperties every frame can cause lags? But it’s usually changing to the same value, so smth like this:

RS.Heartbeat:Connect(function()
	for i,plr in pairs(game.Players:GetChildren()) do
		if os.time()%100 == 0 then
			plr.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CustomPhysicalProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(20, 0.5, 1, 0.3, 1)
		else
			plr.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CustomPhysicalProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(0.3, 0.5, 1, 0.3, 1)
		end
	end
end) 

can that cause lags?

You seem to have ruined the topic. The most important thing is that you search. Have you searched before?

I tried but didn’t find anything. Do have smth that u want to tell me? :smiley:

1 Like

Did you search on YouTube? If you said yes, what did you search, then what did you write?

Found nothing
Are you gonna play with me or you want to help? :confused:

I’m so sorry, but I just wanted to understand what the problem

I came to help you, not to play with you

Then I’m looking or maybe I can send you someone who can help you

You can use the Script Performance window

to see what scripts are causing your game to lag

2 Likes

I’m not too sure what this is doing, but this shouldn’t be causing your lag issues. I ran this myself and didn’t experience any frame drops.

I’d recommend doing the above and use the script performance tool to profile your scripts.

Do you have a lot of parts in your game?
If so, then all I can say is reduce those parts. Because, correct me if I’m wrong but, there isn’t any other way.

Do you experience this in other games?

This started happening after a Roblox update. Many people are experiencing this including myself.
Topic opened a few days ago here.
I don’t think this is anything on your end, but a Roblox issue overall.

1 Like

THANK YOU ALL!
I checked and repaired everything and now everything works fine :slight_smile:
If you would like to, you can join my game - i did an update thanks to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never mind, then. Still happening to quite a lot of people as I stated above.
My studio doesn’t lag at all, but when I go into the game quite a few people lag out. Their ping spikes up to like 50 thousand.
And I haven’t done any changes to the game in the past few weeks and it started happening randomly.

3 Likes

i had to lower the player count to play around this bug… before the game could handle 50 players at same time but now if theres 50 together it freezes for 5+ minutes, so i lowered the player count to 25 per server, that helped a bit but it still happens, not as frequent but still

plus yeah no update was done to trigger this on my game, it started happening randomly

1 Like