Game settings options screen can freeze/softlock studio

Wow, this bug has happened to me several times in the past few days, glad to know it’s not just me. I’ve now become accustomed to spamming save before opening the hellspawned Game Settings window

1 Like

that’s been happening to me for the past few weeks… oof

any new updates?

This happens very often for me (about 70% of the time) and every single time it happens, I need to use task-manager to close studio!
This has been happening for about 2 weeks now.

3 Likes

This is a big problem, I cannot turn api on for my game.
I also get the error that @0_0aztec got.

But something I noticed that is very weird is this:
When I move the game settings window away I can also see my avatar like @0929lego said.

I also have this folder in workspace.
StudioBug2
There is another error here:
StudioBug3
I really hope this gets fixed soon.

6 Likes

I’ve this problem 100% of the time, I’ve not have an single time where I will get frozen on this screen when turning on HTTP Requests / Services, and I’ve to task end my Roblox Studio, and most of the time you can just task end Roblox studio if you freeze like this using Task Manager, or using CMD if your more advanced. And then just simply re-firing up studio until Roblox issues an patch soon hopefully. I was waiting for someone to bring this bug up, and yes, it won’t break anything in your game or won’t break studio if you forcefully task end Roblox Studio. It may generate an automatic backup, but it usually wont when it is “Attempting too change Game Settings”. So you’ll be good there ending Roblox Studio’s task when this bug just decides to pop it’s head through.

2 Likes

This was actually cleared up by @NickoSCP, it has something to do with the avatar settings.

The same thing is happening to me, except I did not change any studio settings and it has I’d say a 1/20 chance of freezing after I do a studio play test.

Happened to me as well. Published a new game which just contained the Baseplate. Then tried to enable HTTP and hit Save, and then the window froze and I could not close it.

2 Likes

Happened to me as well, I tried to enable HTTP requests, but I didn’t get any error in the output as others said. And I am pretty sure that I didn’t click the avatar settings before.

Happened to me as well;
Windows 10, causes Studio to lock up and not respond, only allowing you to click the buttons on the game settings window. Very annoying.

( I went in to set allow access to API Services to be allowed")

12 Likes

Same thing happens to me but it only freezes once I do something with the “Avatar” option. Doesn’t happen for other options.

1 Like

Still happening to me image

4 Likes

Is now happening again. The security tab locks up studio 100% of the time.

This happens to me literally everyday when I open up a baseplate, have to publish to change some settings, and then get locked out and potentially lose my work. Really hoping this gets fixed, I’ve never seen such an embarrassing and distracting bug in Roblox studio in my life and I’m honestly surprised this slipped through.

1 Like

Not just security but all tabs lock up studio.

1 Like

Same thing happens everytime i attempt to turn on HttpsService or Roblox Studio access to API services.
Edit: Now it’s also happening on Avatar settings too.

Exact same thing happened just now except I tried to turn the avatar type to R6.

I hope this gets fixed asap, If this does happen to you, You can end the task with task manager and check your documents auto saves robox folder for studio, Your recent work should be in there somewhere lol.

1 Like

The same thing has been happening to me too lately. I would say it does it a good 70 or even 80% of the time. This is definitely a big problem. I honestly thought this was just me, but I guess not.

1 Like

It is extremely frustrating that this feature was shipped and the old web system was removed when the current system doesn’t work. In terms of feedback, I would prefer if web systems were not deprecated becasue of situations such as these.

1 Like