Game teleports players to a random game?

Malicious scripts are very mean : C. Kronos recently got updated so maybe give that a try and see if it finds anything? If not, then go through any scripts you didn’t add yourself such as free model tools or admin scripts. The scripts themselves don’t actually need to have the word Teleport in them, they could be obfuscated or be using some very strange tricks that do weird stuff with character codes and such.

3 Likes

Is there a specific keyword that I can use?

2 Likes

Search for things like loadstring, require, etc. Some malicious scripts put a billion spaces so it looks less suspicious, but if your scroll bar on the x axis is extremely long in a script then that is a sign too.

5 Likes

Do you use free models or do you have any plugins? This could be a reason.

3 Likes

My game has lots of free models due to it being a commission, but I checked the scripts in those models.

2 Likes

Check again until you find it. Some scripts hide it really well, but you just have to keep looking until you find something suspicious. You could always try to delete free models one by one and find which one is causing the problem but it might take a while.

3 Likes

I looked for keywords in all the script, but there were none. I am assuming it was a plugin.

2 Likes

Could you give a list of the plugins you’re using currently? If one has a lot of dislikes then that may provide a clue. In the error for teleporting, does it give a name of the script that is causing it?

3 Likes

It doesn’t name the script when it errors.

2 Likes

Try going into test mode and searching for Teleport or the game id its teleporting to and see if that comes up with anything.

3 Likes

I did that, but found nothing.

2 Likes

Some scripts I’ve seen have a bunch of ModuleScripts that make up their own loadstring library, have you seen any of those?

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any module scripts so no.

2 Likes

There is not much more that you can do other than what has been said. Just keep looking through scripts and free models until you find what you’re looking for. Have you already tried Kronos? If not then try it.

3 Likes

I tried kronos, but it doesn’t work with group games.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t work with group games, then save the game and try it on a local file. If that doesn’t work try publishing it and do it there. There really is only so much you can do. You could try copying important code and then reverting versions to see if that helps.

2 Likes

Alright thank you for your help.

2 Likes

I said this in another thread but this script is really helpful for finding backdoors:

for i,v in pairs(game:GetDescendants()) do
    pcall(function()
        if v.ClassName == "Script" then print(v:GetFullName()) end
    end)
end

It prints every single Script object in the game that could potentially be a backdoor. Inspect every script to make sure they aren’t backdoors. Also malicious scripts may be inserted into regular game scripts so be sure to search in scripts for potentially malicious strings like “getfenv” or “require(%d” etc…

3 Likes

Just go on one of your places and run Kronos there. Be sure to have Http Requests enabled. It will scan all your installed plugins and all your models.

I’ve recently assisted a developer with the same issue as yours, except his one is a backdoor, yours from the sound of it is a malicious script that teleports people out of your game. If this occurs no matter what, even if you are in a one player server, that means it’s malicious script.

Try do this, CTRL + SHIFT + F, look up for the following words,

• require
  • teleportservice
  • getfenv
  • insertservice
  • teleport
  • insert

Most likely you have a malicious script hiding in your game, I can help guide you in finding the source of the code and removing it. Feel free to hit me up on discord @ Zenuvius#2480 :+1:

4 Likes