Game:CreatePlace error: HTTP 403

I’m trying to make a game where you create worlds in like in Blockate, But it doesn’t seem to work.

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local DataStoreService = game:GetService("DataStoreService")
local ServerScriptService = game:GetService("ServerScriptService")
local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
local TeleportService = game:GetService("TeleportService")
local AssetService = game:GetService("AssetService")

local worldDS = DataStoreService:GetDataStore("Worlds")

local Events = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("Events")
local CreateWorld = Events:WaitForChild("CreateWorld")

local PlayerData = ServerScriptService:WaitForChild("PlayerData")
local Manager = require(PlayerData:WaitForChild("Manager"))

local joiningWorld = false

local function createWorld(player : Player)
	local worldCount = Manager.GetWorldCount(player)

local success, result = pcall(AssetService.CreatePlaceAsync, AssetService, "World", 13998441750, "A World Engine Game!")--AssertService:CreatePlaceAsync("World",13998441750,"A World Engine Game!")
	if not result then
		error(result)
	end

print(result)

Manager.SetWorldData(player,result)
	worldDS:SetAsync(result,{
		WorldId = result,
		Owner = player.UserId,
		Name = player.Name.."'s World "..worldCount+1,
		ActivePlayers = 0,
		MaxPlayers = 20,
	})

return result
end

CreateWorld.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player)
	if joiningWorld == false then
		joiningWorld = true
		local worldId = createWorld(player)
		TeleportService:Teleport(player,worldId)
	end
end)

This is the output

The game is in a group, and this was tested in a actual server.

1 Like

CreatePlaceAsync is known to be broken currently on Roblox’s end – unfortunately as the feature is entirely broken, there’s nothing you can do to combat this issue. There’s a topic about it here AssetService:CreatePlaceAsync() HTTP 500 Error - #9 by wingedbreadsticks

Not much of a programmer myself, But considering this is a “403” error it might be on Roblox’s end.

I don’t have these boxes checked i think. Do you know where i can access them? i can’t find them.

1 Like

Well, it still won’t make a difference at the moment as Roblox has an issue on their end with CreatePlaceAsync, but to get to those boxes, do the following:

Click Configure Place

From there, click permissions…

Hope this helped! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! But, it’s still weird that for example Blockate, can still create worlds.

Does it possibly use another API?

1 Like

Possibly, not sure what exactly they do — I thought of a work-around for my game I’m looking to develop which would use ReserveServer() in place of CreatePlaceAsync(). It would come with some benefits if you went this route but you’d also have to serialize the build data if you chose this route.

If you wanted to, you could take your template place and call ReserveServer. Save the server code in place of the PlaceId, then whenever you want a player to join a specific world, use the TeleportToPrivateServer() method. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.