Gamepad UI selection box SHOWING UP ON PC AND RUINING EVERYTHING

Title says everything. This is absurd.

Why the hell does this crappy UI that’s only supposed to show up when using a gamepad showing up 90% of the time when I’m using A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE? It blocks me from talking in chat, moving, and anything related to using controls.

How do I stop this from happening and how can I straight up DISABLE that (even on gamepads) because it’s just horrible in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

Happened to me too many times to count. Only way I fixed it was…

You try pressing the emote wheel button and invite friend buttons until it works. TIP: For the Emote Wheel, press (.) Instead.

This is a new feature for keyboard navigation: New Keybinds for Keyboard Navigation

It’s toggled with \

the really annoying thing about this change is that Enum.KeyCode.Backslash cannot be bound to and receive input because this overwrites it.

You can disable the feature entirely in your game if you wish. The feature is however meant for better UX. If you keep it in but wish to use the backslash key, you can also change the key used for it. That’s my understanding of it from the announcement post. It’s linked above by someone else. I’d read through that.

2 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t test to see if it works, but I’m assuming you’re correct

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.