Gamepass Group Rank

How to make gamepass rank? Must it be with glitch? And if a person has a gamepass but in the future he get rank up to a higher rank, is hos rank will automatic be his gamepass rank again because he has the gamepass? Or gonna stay in this rank if he is higher than the gamepass rank? And how? Thank you, I’m learning about gamepass rank

2 Likes

Yes, you’ll need to use glitch.

Use this tutorial to make the glitch project, then edit the script (not the glitch one, the Roblox one) to use MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamePassAsync(userid, gamepassid), and if they own it, use the script to change their rank in the group.

You don’t need to use any glitch and honestly I think randomly following a tutorial where the dude posts a link from pastebin just isn’t the smartest and will possibly lead to backdoors. A real way you can do it is by using an HTTPRequests, an external script and an account to use the Roblox API (which can be found online with documentation from Roblox).

True, you can also use ProxyService.

That dude is actually one of the best scripters to follow this; His system does work, with no backdoors. I would recommend him to a new scripter. Aside from that, his tutorial with the Glitch project should be followed, however, they would have to take apart a code from another one of his videos to rank the player on Roblox.

When a person buy it, should I check if the person is higher than the gamepass rank, they stay in their rank? Because I’m thinking if not, even thought I rank him higher than the gamepass rank, this person gonna loop again back to gamepass rank.

You need to learn HttpsService first, then later
Use node.js and install noblox.js to make that ranking system

However, you can also do with glitch, but thats way too complicated so I don’t recommend that

I made these resources:

You can rank people as easy as:

-- Modules:

local marketplace = require(MODULE HERE)
local client = require(MODULE HERE)({ --> Or you can set the module path if you fork it
  ["proxy"] = "proxythatyousetuplol.glitch.me" --> dont actually use this url lol
}).client()

-- Authentication:

client:login(".ROBLOSECURITY")

-- Config:

local groupId = 69420 --> change
local assign = {
   [1234] = 20 -- [gamepassId] = rankToGive
}

-- Callbacks:

local onRanked = function()
    print("success!")
end

local onFailed = function(response)
    warn(response)
end

-- if someone owns gamepass 1234 and they're in group 69420, it'll rank them to rank 20 if their rank is less than 20 if that makes any sense

for gamepassId,toRank in pairs(assign) do
    marketplace.gamepassOwned(gamepassId):Connect(function(plr)
        if(plr:GetRankInGroup(groupId) <= toRank) then -- make sure they're not already higher than this rank
            client.group:rank(plr,groupId,toRank):andThen(onRanked):catch(onFailed)
        end
    end)
end

It does still use glitch as a proxy, but I made it as easy to install and comprehend as possible <3

1 Like

Probably not, because they know not to buy it if they are a higher rank than it.