Games get translated automatically despite the Machine Translations setting being disabled

In games with disabled machine translations, new entries get automatically translated. Some of the entries are not in the localization table.

Reproduction steps:

1. Add translated languages to the configure localization page

I can’t think of more descriptive reproduction steps for this bug report, as this has been happening randomly with new updates for games I’ve been working on.

Examples

Screenshots taken in Car Dealership Tycoon and Car Crushers 2

P.S The issue is not limited to screenshots above nor to entries that don’t show up in the localization table. There is more to it, but I couldn’t find other examples as my translations overlapped incorrect(machine) ones.

This Automatic Translations setting is disabled in all games I referred to in this report.

8 Likes

I’ve been seeing this problem in Car Crushers 2. I thought it was related to the Platform-Wide Automatic Translation Experiment, but it’s been happening with Russian which isn’t even stated to be part of the experiment.

There are strings I’ve left out of the localization table that are getting translated to russian, despite automatic translation being switched off. I haven’t been using automatic string collection or AutoLocalize properties, so a lot of unwanted strings are getting translated with no way to turn it off temporarily.

4 Likes

I get the same issue, the games I’m translating keep auto-translating.

Thanks for the report. Please expect a delay in progress due to holidays and we will get back to you as soon as we return.

4 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

1 Like

I think it is still happening, but you may want to ask actual developers for a more precise answer.

alright, when i get any info from the engineers i will pass it on

2 Likes