Gaps Appearing in Randomly Generated Terrain (Visible blocks only)

I think it would help better to also get the x,y,z coordinates along each prints. That way we could find out wich coordinates caused problems.

The output for this is very long, so I put it in a txt file if you would like to see that. I also donā€™t really know what exact part to send, so Iā€™ll just send the entire output.

x,y, and z are added at the end this time.

Output.txt (461.3 KB)

Hey itā€™s almost 4am and Iā€™m in bed on mobile. Tommorow Iā€™ll go look at my cave generator because Iā€™m a bit rusty on it. Iā€™ll bring that code tommorow as it might really help. I remember that my cave density was implement in a different way that didnā€™t have that coordinate 0 issue. It was achieving the same goal though: have no a higuer density near surface, and more caves Aw you go deeper

Alright, thank you for all the help so far, Iā€™ll try to figure things out for now, and see how far I get with it.

I might just give you the code for it tommorow. I never actually made a game with it and it was years ago. Will actually make some use for it

I experimented a bit with noise stacking, and ended up with descent results. As you had said, the terrain does look more natural/rocky, and less wavy. I just used the generate terrain function 1 time with the regular game seed, then used math.randomseed() to generate one positive, and one negative seed with math.random() so that there would be 2 non-identical different seeds, which will always be the same with every original seed. I then use that new seed to generate 2 more sets of ā€œdensityā€, which multiplies that result by a number between 2-0.01x, which is determined by math.randomseed() set as the new seed, and using another math.random() to get the specific number for that seed. (This repeats twice) Once I have all 3 densities, I just add them together, and this is an example of what I get:

It does look a lot less smoother than without stacking layers, and doesnā€™t look too terribly uneven.

I also generated this map too, which is probably the best one Iā€™ve seen so far:

Thatā€™s cool! Looks pretty neat

I actually managed to fix the chunks not loading in by using the greedy meshing technique. I think that parts wouldnā€™t register in the visible sides only script, but this method will check all blocks in one chunk, and combine them into fewer parts, so this method does not rely on the other chunks like the previous one did. I also managed to generate textures onto the blocks, using the tile method. (I created the textures)

This is what it looks like when you load chunks around 0,0: