GDPR Right to Erasure: How does Roblox know if you're storing user data?

I was seeing some posts about GDPR Right to Erasure requests, but I’m concerned about how Roblox sends these notifications.

Is it based on datastore keys? Is it based on visits? And, my main question: What if someone uses an external database (not Roblox’s Datastore), how does Roblox notify you on Right to Erasure requests?

Is more likely that roblox will scan through the list of games the player had been to, check if there are any datastores associated with that game, and send the request.

Don’t quote me on that though.

1 Like

Please don’t use Inception Forum for issues that are not related to the forum. Moved to Scripting Support.

You get this GDPR message when that UserId has played any to all of the games that are owned by you. You have to loop over all of these places and remove any data that you collected/saved in correspondence with that UserId. That also means external databases and analytics. You should know where you store user data since you are the developer of those games, so you know best where to look for data related to that UserId.

4 Likes

Is this if it’s a single visit? What about group games?

Yes, if they played your game you’d get the message because Roblox assumes you’ll have saved some data about them once they have entered your game.

Why do you think there is a difference? If you own the group and the player visited one (or more) of the games on the group, you get the message.

1 Like

Sometimes alts can own groups, owners can change, etc. Just wanted to make sure everything was 100% certain, I’d rather not have any possible legal issues.

That account would get the message.

The owner at the time of sending the GDPR message would get the message.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Improve GDPR Messages

1 Like

So does Roblox know whether or not you delete the player’s data or…?

Woah, a bit of a bump! But to my knowledge, it is the developer’s responsibility to remove the data as requested. Roblox may not know, but the player certainly will. So it is better not to take chances.

I see… Thanks!