Get List of badge owners API (under badges.roblox.com)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get the list of owners for a badge for reasons either related to game development or off-site analytics tracking since there’s not a single source for it anymore ever since the badge change here happened where badges were no longer associated with assets. Iterating through every user with an API like this one would be too expensive and might take too long. Some users might also have their inventory privated which means we cannot get information from them as to if they own something from our games.

A couple use cases could be for off-site analytics tracking (like Rolimon’s) if they ever wanted to track information on badges and who owns them which could be beneficial to some developers. A use case that I would find very useful is for events in games where I might want to get a list of owners of badges so I can award special items to select players who I might not know the name of.

If this issue is addressed, it would improve my development experience because a valuable API would exist that quite a few developers can find use out of without having to use data stores which have annoying limitations with how often you can call them. An example of mine is a badge here that I want to get a list of owners from it that have owned it since before June 1st so I can award in-game items specifically only to them.

27 Likes