Glitch while making unions

I don’t know how to share screenshots lol, so I’ll just explain my problem. I want to make a huge hollow tube, so what I did was make a cylinder, and then make a slightly smaller cylinder, negate it, put it in the middle of the bigger cylinder, and unionize them. The problem is, when I walk around the middle of the tube that I made, there are these big invisible bumps that jut out randomly, like the inside cylinder missed a few spots as it negated. I have no idea why that happened, I separated them and tried again with two other cylinders, but there were still invisible uneven spots in the middle. If this is kind of confusing, I’m sorry.

2 Likes

the glitch is due to the type of material in which it was combined to combine different materials can prove that some things are not seen or that these things appear in random areas.

You can see that when you combine something different, that is what happens, the color of the BasePlate in my case loses its material and is combined with the one that made the union in some cases the shape

2 Likes

I don’t really understand what your trying to say, my problem is that when I made the union, there are random invisible bumps.

For some reason you put the Negate near something?
If so, this is what happens when 3 different materials are joined with 1 Negated. Making the figure lose its size, change color, become invisible.

I don’t really know what you mean by that. My negate part and the part it was negating are the same material, and it was only two parts

I would understand better if you have an image to help you to be able to solve it.

If you do not know how to put an image, look for Gyaso and download it and send an image and I will help you.

Nvm, I’ll just try to figure it out myself. Sorry for wasting your time, your really nice for trying to help me out.

No problem I will try to find out the problem you have with the Union. Good bye.

The problem is due to Roblox’s way of solving collisions. Roblox uses Approximate Convex Decomposition, which means that the hitbox is solved by using only convex shapes. This creates a problem when dealing with concave meshes (Like yours) because it’s attempting to be solved with only convex geometry.

To see the hitbox geometry for yourself, you can go to File > Settings > Physics > Show Decomposition Geometry, then restart studio.

To try to get around the problem, you can change the CollisionFidelty. It probably will only make it worse but it’s worth a shot.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure think that using the unions is the common thing, but I still don’t understand what kind of bugs and glitches are there?

Didn’t Roblox solved this problem already like a year ago?

I also have this problem from time to time and it seems to be something with the hitboxes and the way studio digests the hitboxes. Sadly, I don’t know any solutions to this issue besides CollisionFidelty. This may or may not fix your issue.

2 Likes

No, I’m currently having the problem. Is there a solution yet?