Going over DMCA

To be honest, I’ve never understood how DMCA works. I myself used to sell airports but since they’re buildings, scripts wouldn’t really make it any safer.

What I used to implement with a script was a detection system, which would send me a message of the gameID to my Discord server, so I could find out the owner of the game in case the owner didn’t purchase my product. It worked fine, I got all of the IDs I needed, but here’s the issue…

I sent multiple takedown requests to Roblox’s support, which has a DMCA claim option available. To summon everything up, the answer I got was “Exploits can’t steal fully functional games. Just reassure that your account hasn’t been compromised.”, while I mentioned exploiting only once.

-Message I sent to the Support.

What I found out today is that maybe I should’ve contacted Roblox’s copyright agent instead of the Support, since it seems like they deal with such issues. But at the same time, the questions presented in the TOS were asked by the Support staff as well. So… is there really a difference?

A bugging question which Roblox’s Support asked multiple times was “Describe the stolen property”. Well… the whole map was stolen, but it seemed like they were searching for a different answer.
It has kept bugging me to this date on how to protect your own work from such people. Does anyone have any idea how to do so?

1 Like

If your product is being tossed around on a third-party, that’s nothing we can do unless they somehow violate the third-party’s policies and could be reported.

If your asset was stolen from you through an illicit method, the exploiter or possible buyers has to upload it to Roblox, which then you can take action from here if you ever discover a stolen copy around.

Hmm… I see.
They did upload it to Roblox’s site, and that’s how I got notified about the stolen airport.
Roblox Support did look into it, but decided to not remove the stolen content.

I tried to present enough evidence, such as the game creation date, previous versions, pictures of progress but it still seemed to not be enough. And… to be honest, isn’t two identical games already a bit suspicious?

Should I have contacted the Copyright agent instead of Support?

If it was uploaded on the website, please use the support again, this time provide any link that is directly referring to the stolen content. Words do not reinforce a lot.

If you have enough evidence that the airport is indeed yours, you can file a DMCA claim as you have all right to do so as it is your content that has been stolen.

If support is not, well supportive. Just file a Copyright Notice instead, they’ll pay attention and the content will be removed.

EDIT: Read this.

1 Like

I did include the link and the user’s username.

If you listen to them there, just go in-game and take screenshots of the exact location of the assets, and then show the evidence that it is the original.

Oh believe me… I tried everything. xd

But the Copyright Notice seems really interesting. Did I need to contact Roblox Support once again to file it or should I’ve contacted someone else?

Let’s communicate in messages, I’ll help you through everything and making it easier for support to realise what is wrong. :slight_smile: