Good optimization System

1. What do you want to achieve?

I want to create a first person shooter, Called: Incursion. The game has random map generation.

1. What is the problem?

If I have many models without having set the transparency to 1, well, it crashes, even if for example I put a wall in front of 1000 parts, Roblox continues rendering the 1000 parts unnecessarily.

1. What solutions have you thought about so far?

None. Sadly the only thing I can think of is to lower the graphic quality of the game too much, when it should be of good quality… something than another Roblox experience, no game

2 Likes

What about enable streaming feature?
It kinda useful but sometime it broke some model from far away

2 Likes

There are tons of things you can do to optimize your game. Like to a point where I’m currently writting a thick “book” talking about Optimized Hyper-realism in Roblox engine and how you can achieve it. To give you some tips tho, optimized your meshes, dont use unions, use less accurate collision and shadow (even using fake shadows), bake normals, if your game usually outside change it to shadowmap instead of Future and so much more. Those are some in a billion good tips I can give you. If you interest you can watchout for my “book” I will be posting in the forum in short future. Hope this helps, best of luck.

2 Likes

Thanks you :D, if you publish the “book”, please send me DM. or just reply the message. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.