Got scammed by hiring a programmer

I hired a programmer for 20k robux and it was pay per task. However I find out after he begins ignoring me that the entire game is buggy and unplayable. Is there a way I can get a refund from roblox?

14 Likes

Very sorry to hear something like that happened to you. You might be able to ask a moderator for a refund, however its unlikely that you will get any robux back. Hopefully everything gets better.

18 Likes

The only way to really be able to ensure no one scams you is to learn these skills yourself instead of hiring.

If you do want to hire though, do backround checks and stuff. Donā€™t hire a rnadom guy who claims to be a programmer and has no portfolio or anything for example.

11 Likes

Yes Iā€™m learning how to code now, but I acknowledge this process will take me years . That is why I want to start making projects now and hiring people

11 Likes

Maybe, contact Roblox support. Ig thatā€™s what the 30 days pending is for. Also ist illegal to scam in almost every country. You could get legal advise and sue the person, if he scammed you. I always want to point out, when smo gets scammed that the internet is not a place without laws. I also tell that anyone I work for.

7 Likes

That would require a lot more info than just this guyā€™s username.
Also thatā€™s an expensive and lengthy process for effectively $200

7 Likes

I want to point out, that after my informations you donā€™t have to pay the court price, but the person who lost. (I my country, idk if itā€™s like that on your country to). Of course, you could also sue for damages.

But I donā€™t think itā€™s certain that youā€™ll win, I mean he delivered, just with a lack of quality.

To prevent something like this, I have a ToS that the other side has to agree to.

7 Likes

Usually, anything under ~$1,000 (USD) is considered ā€˜petty theft.ā€™ This is not to defame what occurred; scamming is very much unjustified and wrong, however, a lawsuit based on petty theft would never hold.

9 Likes

contacting my lawyer because i got scammed on plz donate

14 Likes

What are you really gonna say for a situation like this? ā€œDonā€™t scam meā€?

10 Likes

You can learn the basics in a week or 2 as the entire language is mostly just english.

7 Likes

I can read code and understand what itā€™s doing, yet I donā€™t have good logic to write something by myself. However I only began learning to code once I looked at the scammerā€™s code. ( His code is really really bad apparently. Worse than chatgpt )

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a pretty good step in the process. Understanding other peopleā€™s code makes it easier to learn how to write your own

Do you mind sharing any examples? Iā€™m actually super curious now

11 Likes

7 Likes

This is weird. Itā€™s a strange mix of good practices (type checking, profileservice) and just totally weird choices (using values > attributes, lack of proper variable usage)

10 Likes

hiring developers is kinda a gamble

if you build connections and have friends that dev, its much easier to hire them instead

if you do decide to hire in hidden devs or rodevs then you need to be very careful and cautious

• have they worked for someone else before?
  • can anyone vouch for them?
  • do they have a watermarked portfolio?
10 Likes

I canā€™t tell if the person who wrote it was under the influence and was blinking in and out of sobriety or what, but some of it is good and some of it is just esoteric at best.

12 Likes

This scares me knowing I want to learn lua because he said he had 5 years of experience . I do not want to practice coding for 5 years if people are gonna flame me like that

7 Likes

I think he was lying about that or was telling the truth and decided not to try at all.

9 Likes

he was definitely lying, this code is pretty ass

dont let this discourage you though, if you want to learn to code better just surround yourself with developers and pick up good coding practices

11 Likes