Got the Blue Screen of Death when clicking CleanUp in Roblox Studio

When I press this Start button:
A server window and two player windows will appear.

The problem is that when I click CleanUp in that server window after like 3-5 times, my laptop suddenly displays the Blue Screen of Death with an error that reads, “UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP.”

Edit: The same error happens when I click CleanUp in the Roblox Studio window also.

If this is a studio bug, then I cannot report this bug because I do not have access. Nvm, someone already did that way before I posted this.

4 Likes

That’s odd. Can you tell us your laptop’s specs?

2 Likes

Sure, it’s an HP Laptop 15-dy4xxx

Window 11 Home Version 23H2
Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Intel Core i7

2 Likes

Hmm, your specs seem quite fine. Maybe it could be a bug in roblox? Try reinstalling roblox? It is still quite odd how your entire windows crashes… Maybe it could be a malware?

1 Like

Possibly. But, I haven’t download anything too sussy to get a malware, I’ll try reinstalling Roblox Studio and see what happens

1 Like

It also happens to me all times I try it
it started in the yesterday update

(if someone asks my specs: 8gbs ram + 64gbs virtual ram, i5 11 gen, rtx 3060, I don’t see any reason that specs are the problem on that)

maybe it’s just a studio bug, hope they fix it…

1 Like

Oh I see, I just hope someone can do a Studio Bug report cuz I don’t know how :sob:

1 Like

Unfortunately, it still do the blue screen thing after reinstalling Roblox Studio. It may indeed be a Studio Bug

I’ve been having the exact same issue for the last two days. I’ve blue-screened at least 3 times now running clean-up.
I’m running:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 2080 Super
32gbs RAM

1 Like

So someone actually posted about this and the staffs are looking into it.

At first, I thought no one have this because I didn’t think of searching BSOD which is the shortcut for Blue Screen of Death ._.

Also, I think you can still recover your file when you open Roblox Studio and it shows you the Auto-Recovery dialog box

A temporary alternative is just to play the actual game with your friends, or use the Microsoft Store version of Roblox

3 Likes

Hey, if you want another temporary alternative, closing the windows one by one seem to do the trick, at least for me so far.

1 Like