Grant Universe permission to use asset | Rejecting UserId sounds to UserId experiences

I tried reproing your steps and didn’t get any errors when publishing game twice. Please let me know if the steps below match what you did.

1. Make new game
  2. Upload (2) private assets and add to game
  3. Edit places
  4. Grant permissions and Publish to Roblox as “Construction Site”
  5. Add more audio
  6. Edit place more
  7. Grant permissions to new and old and Publish to Roblox as “Real Game”
2 Likes

Plays the audio on studio property click yes, and manual setting website does work, yes as far as I am aware. Its like the automation cant reach that is all.

And yes those steps you listed seem to include my usual workflow

again restated
ie all normal development in the Construction Site
with publishes to Real Game here and there.

Also, in my real game, I have like 70 sounds I would guess. This maybe overwhelming the automation?
Neverless important as I cant manually set 70 in timely fashion.

Strange, can you try repeating with some new audio but not granting permission through the website? If you click the audio and it plays despite the error, there might be a chance the error is misprinting.

Sorry again about the issue, solving this for you all is a top priority for us.

Also can you send the logs you see in the output window?

Hello, I am having a same problem here. This error spams whenever I “publish as” my game. Even if I upload new audios through the Asset Manager.

Image from Gyazo

3 Likes

How many audio files do you have in your place file @Headstackk ? I’m wondering if a certain percentage of your Audios still works or is it all not working. If you could check that through the Sound Property item playback button?

According to Audio Discovery, 439

I am having a similar scenario with the OP, I have 2 places, a main game and a debug place. The main game has no issue with the existing sounds (except some of them can’t be loaded earlier today).

When I click the audio playback, the audio doesn’t play, it prompts the error “Click here to grant permission”, and I am allowed to grant permission if I click them one by one.

1 Like

Im also experiencing some random audios fail to load even though its uploaded to my account its for random (public live) servers, just letting you know this is a thing going on atm

1 Like

Okay I think issue is stemming from the amount of grants hitting our API at once. There is a fix that is supposed to come out for this (today). In mean time, I’ll see if we can up our limits and repro to confirm.

4 Likes

In your case @Headstackk the first game was granted permission to all 439 audio assets but not the second time?

I don’t think I have ever granted permission for the main game since I have never use “Publish as” on the main game

2 Likes

I’m having the opposite issue, I click to grant audio access, and I get the ok. Then I relaunch the game and it tells me that it doesn’t have access again. However when I go to the audio configuration tab, the Universe ID is allowed in the audio, and it still won’t grant access.

Hey All,
Sorry for the delay, our fix should be live. You should be able to Mass Grant permissions for your assets. If you restart Studio you should be able to see this. Let us know if the issue has been resolved.

1 Like

@Ziraun Thank you for surfacing that. I believe that is part of a different ongoing issue. Please surface as new post if not.

see: Specific audios with correct permissions not loading after latest (4:30PM EST) website update

Thanks for the effort, the issue of “Failed to grant universe permission” seems to be solved, however there is a new error “CannotManageAsset” when publishing, it does not spam like “Failed to grant universe permission” does, but there is still a chunk of it.

Edit: Despite the errors, it seems that sounds are now functioning in my test place as well, thanks for fixing it

1 Like

Permissions errors should not be thrown when an audio does not require them to play in the experience.

09:17:04.964  Failed to grant universe [3380535141] permission to asset [1842360200]: CannotManageAsset  -  Studio

Even the ideal case, a Roblox uploaded SFX that my account has in its inventory, is throwing this unfortunately.

(The sound is a physical instance in my experience)

Publishing an empty baseplate, I get this in my output granting permissions:

Again, both Roblox sounds, ideal. Errors. I have nothing in the game or workspace, so I assume that this
is from Roblox’s own CoreScripts, or my Plugins, or local Plugins.

CannotManageAsset is most likely is a misprinted error. Can you try playing the audio in your sound widget? Currently this error is printed even for Public assets (i.e. you can’t grant permissions to a Roblox asset, because it’s already public).

The behavior is definitely not ideal, but just want to make sure first that it’s not blocking you.

I can play my (Roblox) sound in the widget.

Tested, success, Both Explosions (a) and the GPS sound.

Fixing misprints will let me singularize to the actual errors to be corrected in time.

1 Like

Just following up!
Closing this thread since the issue seems to be resolved!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.