Grapejuice - Easily run Roblox on Linux

yes. grapejuice does support and work with window managers

3 Likes

Great program, I used it to play roblox on my steam back a few months ago and it works like a dream :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could u support for chromebook i mean u can install Minecraft coz Chromebook has linux built in. and Iā€™m not telling you to do but is that possible?

1 Like

Works great however there can be graphical errors in more detailed games

1 Like

speaking of more detailed games, iā€™m running into an error about running out of memory in ROBLOX logs and then my game crashing. is there a way to increase the memory available to it? i have 16GB of RAM and this was never a problem on windows.

1 Like

Try checking the amount of ram available and Robloxā€™s memory usage. When I used to daily drive Arch Linux, Iā€™ve never had a single issue with the client, only Studio just lagging very badly.

Also, might help but what distro?

1 Like

Works great on Steam Deck with OpenGL set as the render!

1 Like

This program works very well on Arch (btw) The last time I used it there seemed to have been a bug in which the cursor would get stuck once you rotated the camera, but that has been fixed! This is awesome!

PS: What desktop environment do you use? PLEASE give me the config.

Just switched back to Debian after four years, since Roblox was the only thing keeping me on Windowsā€¦ this program works absolutely phenomenally for me.

However, Iā€™m having some trouble logging into Studio. No matter how I open it, whether it be through the website, a place file, or through Grapejuice itself, I always go to the authentication page, sign in, and return to Studio; upon returning to Studio, I get the ā€œLogin failed, please do not close Studio during loginā€ message.

I donā€™t use Studio that much, so itā€™s not an urgent issue, but Iā€™d like to know if anyone knows how to fix this, or if itā€™s a problem with Grapejuice, Wine, or Roblox itself that Iā€™ll have to wait for a patch for.

Thanks.

As far as I tried, studio is unfortunately barely usable. Even if you get it working, the performance is much lower than when running natively.

The Roblox player works really well for me to. I actually get better framerates than on windows!

1 Like

For my experience, the Roblox player runs faster than on Windows, but Studio runs far more slower (fps halved + insane lag spike to the point where itā€™s unusable on big place files) than on Windows

4 Likes

It seems to be hit or miss installing it on Fedora 36/37 Iā€™ve gotten mixed results. Sometimes Roblox errors with mysterious errors that no one has ever seen before such as
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x004851d6). - More than likely trying to run 32-bit version of Roblox but not sure why Grapejuice installed that on a 64-bit computer.
shortly followed by
grapejuice_common.errors.RobloxExecutableNotFound: Roblox executable 'RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe' could not be found! - Probably a result of the last command failing
Othertimes its works fine for a bit then dies for no reason.
Iā€™m on a 64-bit computer, running a 64-bit version of Wine. Perhaps its a Byfron problem?

1 Like

There is no 64-bit Roblox player, Grapejuice uses 64-bit prefix for Studio I think? (64-bit Studio exists)

2 Likes

And today, Iā€™m back, with playing it on real hardware this time.

Best experience installing so far since the Linux Mint app store now allows you to open Flatpak apps, which made installing this practically effortless.

Unfortunately, I ran into one issue whilst playing games. I have a controller attached, a cheap Nintendo Switch one with Switch, PS3 and Mobile modes, and when setting it to Mobile mode and playing on Linux, my R stick doesnā€™t work. It works completely fine on mobile, or when playing Switch software with the appropriate setting.

I think I forgot I had another laptop laying around that I used to use for Roblox development etc up till mid 2021 lol, it actually worked PnP, apologies for the inaccurate information @SubtotalAnt8185

1 Like

I ran into the same issue, did you try signing in through Studio instead of the browser?

1 Like

Really late reply but I tried logging in using every method I could possibly think of, and none of them worked

2 Likes

To be honest, I havenā€™t been on the laptop since I first set Linux on it, the hinge is broken and some of the keyboard keys donā€™t work lol, but Iā€™ll take another look at it.

3 Likes

Update: I got to this point! Farther than Iā€™ve ever gotten before.
Unfortunately I canā€™t type in any of the text boxes.

Update 2: I was able to log in via the browser using the ā€œAnother Logged In Deviceā€ feature!
There seems to be someā€¦ problems with the text thoughā€¦ but this is progress
[Edit: Fixed after switching to dark theme]

Update 3: I was able to enter one of my places. This is a fairly large place file, but I donā€™t seem to be getting the framerate issues that people have mentioned before. I guess Iā€™m just lucky

What gpu do you use for Studio, what cpu, and how many ram? And what drivers did you use? Just curious

1 Like

Itā€™s 6AM as of me writing this and Iā€™m still in bed, so pardon me if anything sounds incorrect lol

My GPU is an NVIDIA GTX 960 (2 GB of VRAM if Iā€™m not mistaken)

My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5ā€¦ 3400G I think

16GB of RAM

Iā€™m not exactly sure what youā€™re referring to by drivers. Do you mean the NVIDIA ones I installed, or the settings in Grapejuice? Sorry Iā€™m tired lmao

1 Like