Grapejuice - Easily run Roblox on Linux

From your clip, I can see that Roblox Studio crashes when it attempts to create its 3D graphics context. What most likely is happening here, is that your VM graphics setup does not work well with 3D applications.

4 Likes

Would this work with roblox player?

1 Like

No, unfortunately it will not. I’m pretty sure someone will figure it out someday.

1 Like

Not sure is this an issue with my linux distro but studio kept crashing when I click to shared to me page, and yeah, it result in a crash loop since studio save the last page you went to.

My linux distro is running ubuntu 18.04, latest wineHQ build.

2 Likes

It might be an emoji in one of the game titles. There’s one routine somewhere there in Wine that just makes it crash.

1 Like

It hasn’t detect my GFX card and the default (OpenGL?) gets consumed by studios. :frowning:
Video:

Specs just incase:
CPU: Intel i7
GPU: GTX 960 overclocked (Not-detected) / OpenGL?

4 Likes

Yes, that is definitely Ǒp̊e͍ņGͫL̰. Direct3D9 and Direct3D11 are fine, Vulkan just crashes.

6 Likes

Oh… alright. Then I’ll find a way to get Direct3D11 (or up-to-date ones) onto my ubuntu… somehow.
Thanks.

Wine which Grapejuice uses can handle DirectX/Direct3D. You won’t have to install anything extra in the case of Ubuntu and should just work.

2 Likes

Studio crashes immediately after opening for me (using latest version, 64bit). Are there any winetricks, etc that I need to install for it to work? My version of wine is 5.0.

Grapejuice should prepare a wineprefix for you at ~/.local/share/grapejuice/wineprefix with all required tweaks applied. I couldn’t replicate your issue with both wine 5.0 and wine 5.9.

1 Like

@Brinker7

Bumping this.

First off, this project is incredible! I’m running Manjaro Linux.

Unfortunately though, I seem to be having troubles with studio itself. I’m working with a Rojo project, and everything works except for Studio. I can’t seem to keep it running without dealing with a message box saying, “Roblox encountered an error and needs to quit. We’re sorry!” Any way to deal with this or am I stuck and forced to dual boot Windows?

Thanks!

EDIT: Just to be clear, I am capable of continuing to use Studio even though the crash message appeared.

2 Likes

Manjaro is still on Wine 5.12 which is known to have this bug.

You can downgrade your version of Wine to 5.11 or lower with the downgrade command. Which you install by running pacman -S downgrade. Then you should be able to downgrade Wine by running DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1 downgrade wine.

Note that this command uses the Arch Linux repositories to downgrade, which lets you install Wine 5.13. You can do that if you’re feeling adventurous.

3 Likes

I have grapejuice installed and so far everything appears to be working, it even recognizes and uses my dGPU. There’s a problem though – everything is tiny on my 2160p laptop display. How can I change the scaling to something high-DPI friendly?

Also, I had a peek at the Fast Flag Editor and noticed some values related to analytics – will turning these off break anything? Studio launches fine with them off. Roblox really should let us opt out…

2 Likes

No longer works on Debian Buster

The Studio opens, but when i enter my login, nothing happens.

I have three squares that pulsate blue and that’s it into infinity.

Have tried to remove/reinstall everything.

3 Likes

No issues on Arch Linux, have you tried editing a game from the website?

3 Likes

Tried everything. I’m currently going through the steps to try to upgrade my WINE version, it’s been like this for months.

At first, it would open and work for 10 minutes and then freeze up (in any code window if i had the audacity to copy and paste some code) but now i’m totally locked out.

4 Likes

What version of Wine are you running? Arch Linux is on 5.20, Debian Buster appears to be stuck on 4.0-2 (not WineHQ).

1 Like

The login through studio itself can be sketchy at times, since it relies on the extremely buggy web frame implementation. Try just editing a game through the website.

If you happen to be using a chromebook, the process is a bit more involved where you have to get the authentication ticket from the page html.

2 Likes

I have it working to an extent now but i’m stuck with a lot of

15:32:25.507 - Error while loading thumbnail for “Images/wallpaper”: HttpError: curl:52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
15:32:33.523 - Error while loading thumbnail for “Images/SHELF_TEXTURE”: HttpError: curl:52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
15:32:34.418 - Error while loading thumbnail for “Images/Tileable_Red_Brick_Wall_Texture”: HttpError: curl:52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
15:32:45.211 - Error while loading thumbnail for “Images/anotherUG”: HttpError: curl:52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
15:32:48.949 - Error while loading thumbnail for “Images/Brown-and-Black-Brick-Texture-1”: HttpError: curl:52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
15:33:21.151 - Error while loading thumbnail for “Images/lava texture (1)”: HttpError: ConnectFail
15:33:21.338 - Error while loading thumbnail for “Images/lava texture (2)”: HttpError: SslConnectFail

1 Like