Grass Engine V1.0.2 - A FREE interactive foliage system

This is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in awhile! I do have a few questions though.

Do you plan to ever make it so there’s wind physics to the grass and then it shakes and moves realistically?

What do you plan to add later on to your Grass Engine?

Other than that this is a really cool thing to have in Roblox and for other games! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have any plans for updates right now, there are still some features I will probably come back in the future to add but can’t say soon.

I am busy with developing my game right now, and this resource took a week to make.

1 Like

Ah ok, thank you for your time and dedication into this project though! :slight_smile:

Will the .rbxl be updated to the latest version?

also can it have an example of using more then one plant, so we can add multiple things, like grass, flowers, bushes etc…?

is there a way that they can continue to wobble / giggle after it moves?

thanks

1 Like

You can easily replace the GrassEngine module with the newest one inside the test place, adding different plants is already explained in the post.

I don’t have plans for updates at the moment, if you want to feel free to mod it though.

Was not expecting the Earthbound Music but it was a pleasant surprise

1 Like

Pollyana is such a banger, you can’t change my mind.

Very cool! However StreamingEnabled seems to break the entire system.

1 Like

Does native actually work on the client? I’m pretty sure native code gen. is only for server-side scripts not client-side.

1 Like

It was not designed for streaming enabled, this is exactly why the grass system comes in with a custom distance culling system that works client side.

Once I update this system i plan to create an API and tools to handle grass destruction and more from the server via remote events, since grass is client sided.

1 Like