Group Admin Panels

When this happens I’ve noticed changing the page url from groupadmin.aspx to GroupAdmin.aspx (or vice versa) and hitting enter fixes the problem.

Yeah the instability of the group admin page is a real pain in the ass, I can agree on that. It’s been like this for years, I don’t really understand why it’s still such an issue.

:o

oh good, i’m not the only one! full support man:)

It’s been like this for ages, I’m not sure how complex of a problem this is to fix but it’s annoying, that’s all I know!

1 Like

ROBLOX please fix this. I’ve spent so much time waiting for this to get fixed and it’s a reoccurring problem every day.
blob.png

I think they’re in the process of redoing everything there by fixing this but I wish they kept us in the light about such a huge project like a complete group page redesign.

Groups are getting an overhaul this year, hopefully this will be fixed.

Can you provide more details? I can see if we can schedule in the top two or three of the issues.

What do you want to know about the project? It hasn’t been started yet.

Here are the current issues that will trigger an error tab in the group admin page.

• Accepting users through the group admin page.
  • Searching users in the group admin page.
  • Browsing through the show members tab. [Click the next window and it will show error tab]
  • Exiling users through the group admin page.

These are the ones I know about there might be more errors I don’t know about yet.

I’ve also gotten errors for denying members through the group admin page

1 Like

I was under the impression that “end of the year” was referring to end of 2016 (when the comment was posted; ie, a design/mock-up would be done by then), hence my assumption that the project had begun.

If that wasn’t the case then I severely misinterpreted your statement.

Though, clarifying what I said (I feel as if what I said could be interpreted to be rude), I’m mostly worried that the page rewrite will result in features being cut out that were necessary or important to current pages (as has been a recent trend with page redesigns), and do ask you to please, somehow, keep us in the light in regards to this if you begin the project.

2 Likes

The issues:

-Changing from one rank filter to another errors most of the time.
-Changing page errors
-If you rank some members then press next page arrow it shows the second page but not the first page (If you’ve ranked 30 visitors with the rank filter then you press next page arrow ‘>’ then it will show page #2 and skip #1 which has members who’ve not been ranked.)
-Pressing show all members just doesn’t really work. Ever.
-Same for Clan Members.
-It’s incredibly tedious trying to change a whole ranks rank to something else (e.g. If you want to remove a rank from your group so you probably should add a system which changes their rank to the one below of the rank you’re deleting).

One other thing I’ve noticed is when you’re trying to rank a lot of members fast if you go to fast because there is the blue pop up message which moves the placement of the ranks, therefore, meaning you may miss click and open their profile. Which I have done over 30 times this week.

Before ranking a group member:

After ranking a group member:

Kind Regards,
-HeadlessHorror

1 Like

Updated the original post with the issues.

Yeah, that was the plan at that time, but unfortunately some things have come up and the plan has changed. Plans always change, as priorities change. We still plan to work on groups, but the design isn’t ready. If I’m the one working on groups, I’ll try my best to let everyone know. Anyway, hope this mini update helped clarify some things!

4 Likes

Thank you, that clarified everything! :grinning:

I’ll see if I can pull in the top two or three requests. Are your requests listed in order of priority?

The main thing which needs a fix is when you’ve filtered to a role and then you press the > arrow. It just brings up error message majority of the time. Apart from that I’m not really bothered about the order.

When the group update is coming, PLEASE make group games have a feature that only allows certain ranks to view the game!!

The error messages are the biggest issues for sure. Half the time, the panel is unusable.

They occur sporadically when you:

1. Filter the Members page by role
  2. Search for a user
  3. Accept a user into the group

I’ll try to grab a gif of them at some point.

@Nexx had previously tried to fix these errors - and it seemed to be greatly improved for a while.

2 Likes