Group Binder - Create a Shortcut for Grouping!

Ok! I’ll definitely do that! Thanks for your suggestion!

New update just dropped V2!

The Big update will likely release on the weekend but here is another update:

• You can now ungroup any instance with having an instance inside of it (you don’t need a shortcut for it) by pressingCTRL+U on your keyboard. Thanks to @vRaphy for the suggestion!

• You can now undo & redo when you UnGroup

• Fixed LOTS of bugs

And more!

2 Likes

I believe there could also be a better name for the plugin! Here’s some ideas:

Group Binder
I have no other ideas.

You don’t have to though, the name doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

Lovely name! I love it, I’ll definitely use it. Thank you

1 Like

Let me know if you have any suggestions you want me to add in the plugin!

I can give you random ideas that are possibly useless. I going to say it anyways.

Property Grouper:
Group things based on Instances’s property.

Let’s say you have a Map folder:

You want to group all the SpawnLocations into a folder, but there are too many scattered around.

1. Select Map folder.
  2. Specify the property and its value, in this case, ClassName should be SpawnLocation.
  3. Select whether to apply this to descendants of Map or just its children.
  4. Group them and now you have this:

You can do this if you want to group just trees, Scripts, ModuleScripts, etc.

Similarly, “Property Ungrouper”.

Packager:
You can group instances into a folders/models by the service it is in.

Similarly, unpackager.

Class Grouper:
Put all children of the instances you have selected into folders by class, except for the class Folder, let people choose what to whitelist/blacklist classes.

Located Ungrouper:
It is like how you extract .zip files, you press extract and asks you where to ungroup instead of dragging all the contents into where you want.

This is useful if you want to move things which are far away in explorer.
I think there might be a way to already do this but I am stupid. ;-;

Similarly, “Located Grouper”.

Default Group:
When you insert an object in Workspace, you would have to manually put things inside folders. But with this, you can set what inserted goes to what group.

For instance, if you insert a part in Workspace, it will, of course, be in Workspace, but with this feature, you can make it parent to a folder automatically.

Like, auto-parenting spawns to Spawn folder, parts to Terrain when you working with terrain (Terrain made with BaseParts).

You don’t necessarily have to make these, it just ideas that came while writing this. If you think it is useless then don’t make them, ok? ;-;

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for your suggestions! This is insane… I’ll defintely give you credits and make that. Thank you so much :smiley: .

1 Like

I am not sure about the last one since you can insert part inside other instances already using the explorer. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

1 Like

The Plugin is now Paid! Congrats to everyone who got it! Lots of update should be coming out soon!

I’ve decided to make the plugin free forever as this would help lots of developers. Enjoy!

1 Like