Group games Visits included in group owners total Place Visits

I don’t think that would make for an accurate statistic at all. The place visits are just a statistic of how successful games you worked on have been. This would skew that measurement.

6 Likes

Off topic, group pages should display total place visits on the main page.

But I see what your saying, but only way I could figure this be done is that internally you are able to mark specific users or roles to share the collective success on their profile page.

But this could be abused, such as users wrongfully be marked for whatever reason

2 Likes

Dividing it would totally mess with the visits and they would loose their meaning - visits are NOT like robux and they just show how well your game went in terms of popularity.

Dividing them would lose their meaning thats why I think we should give them only to the group owner as hes thew one getting most credits for the games anyway.

1 Like

It would be surely abused, such as stated in those ways.

1. Many people would have the same visits from 1 place.
  2. People could get those visits unfairly.
  3. Old dead groups with visits could just give everyone a right to edit, as you cant delete games or remove visits.
  4. Someone would surely use point 3 to sell place visits.
  5. groups with 10 developers shouldnt work like that, also if they want *visits they can make game themselfes, you dont credit workers in real life like that - You can put them in credits and pay them.
  6. if its you and your friend, even then it is not a 50% and 50% of the group as one of these two owns it and he can do everything with it.
  7. People do care about place visits as it’s kinda giving them some prestige.
  8. Im trying to keep it as simple as possible as it is not something important.
  9. I belive that the group’s belong to its owners so do its games as well as their visits.
  10. Giving the owner power to give anyone place visits would cause mess and it would surely be abused in the long run.

The visits would transfer to the current group owner, which would be the best solution as it would allow only 1 player to take the visits

Keeping it only for owner fixes those and reduces chaos in future surely about to zero.

So no, making it a setting attached to roles wouldn’t work out, as for the reasons listed above.

I disagree. Even as the group owner, I wouldn’t want to be the only one getting any credit for what we’re making. Either all a development team should get the visits or nobody imo

1 Like

You should consider the fact that it will be abused if we allow people to acces the visits without ownership of the group, and why ownership? Because it allows the one that made it, and only one to have it, and abusing it would be impossible as you would have to lose your group.

1 Like

And groups that dont work with 1 boss that hired workers still (I guess) have the best and the lead programmer as their head of group.

That’s why your idea’s flawed. It only allows for the owner of the group to get the visits, which is not viable.

Not always. A lot of groups could have just a manager as the owner of the group, or even someone who isn’t involved with development at all

But if manager got absolute ownership of the group, why cant he have visits?

Also, your example is (I think) rare.

Because it’s not fair for him to get credit when other people might have contributed more to the game

But

1. He owns the group.
  2. He got them all into that group.
  3. He can do what he wants with it.
  4. Any other way will be abused, and giving no one ability to get the visits is just worse than giving the owner.
  5. Most (successful) groups dont work like in your scenario.
  6. Making a group like you said would be hard, unless they all get paid which is arleady big enough reward.
  7. Giving like 10 developers visits from 1 place is just really strange.

And as I said, if everyone is equal it still doesnt change that the owner is only one. I dont see the real point of fighting to give it that to everyone if its not fair arleady. (and dead groups WILL surely abuse it as its stated in point 3

1. Old dead groups with visits could just give everyone a right to edit, as you cant delete games or remove visits.
1 Like

I feel like the best solution here would to be allow the group owner and anyone with permission to edit the game to add it to their profile. If they choose to add it to their profile, then the number of place visits on that game will be added to their total number of place visits.

2 Likes

Read EDIT #1 please, I explain there why we shouldnt allow people to claim/distribute visits.

I think that we could either just transfer it or either put the summary at the group’s page. :thinking:

1 Like

I was going to make a post like this but saw you already made one! I also support this feature. It would be nice to see the total visits of all the games I’ve worked on that are also in groups.

13 Likes

Bumping it after a year due to the developer awards.

I’ve noticed that this is even more relevant ( Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags ) as the future of Crown of O’s about to come into play. Without visits being tied to your profile, many developers will not be rewarded for their hard work.

5 Likes

I don’t think it is relevant at all for that reason, there is nothing that mentions it uses the data label from player profiles. It’s more likely they have some custom data analytics pipeline that is calculating everything from raw data for these awards.

1 Like

I wasn’t rewarded for my hard work :frowning: can’t get verified either…