Group Linked Sources 'do not exist'?

is it fixed? I can’t check.

Tried to create a LinkedSource and studio crashed after a long wait…

@CycloneUprising

Didn’t crash on second try, got this:

Aand on third try it worked.

Might just be me.

However, trying to open it is a different story:

Screenshot_728

And I got the error in-game again:

Yup exact same thing is happening to me

Is this just happening for Group Games? Do LinkedScripts in normal places work?

Does this happen for you in an empty baseplate place with a LinkedScript that just consists of “print(‘Hello world’)”?

What OS are you on? Can you verify your internet connection stability?

Moved this to Studio Bugs as well.

It works in an empty group place, however the place I first tested in was a group team create that’s been edited. Empty team create does work, so it must be the place being from an older studio version or being edited or something?

Worked in an empty personal place. What date was this update released? Might only work because this personal place was made a couple of days, possibly after the update.

I’m on Windows 7, and my connection is stable (I’m streaming Overwatch League lol).

This glitch has been fixed for me, I was having a game that basically revolved around using linked-sources, and in a recent Roblox update (around a month ago) I saw something about it being fixed, I had to re-create all my linkedsources but in the end the new linkedsources worked properly. (sorry if i’m bumping a old thread, but it appears there was no definite answer, so i’m just clarifying that it’s definitely fixed)

2 Likes

This bug has been patched. Thank you guys so much.

1 Like

Hi @LordRugdumph, Recently my studio also happen to have this bug… Is there a way to fix this?

I don’t see the same problem in your output. I see several unrelated errors, including one that says your plugin is trying to insert a script. That’s not a linked source though. What is your exact issue?

so basically whenever I enter or run the game in studio I get this error. I don’t know what’s causing it. Because when I hover over the error in the output it says source not available

Which error? You have four in your screenshot.

the one that is highlighted in Red, is there a way to fix it?

That’s still two different issues. The very last one, module experiencing an error, looks like a script is failing to insert a virus into your game. I’m not sure where it is located, especially if it says “source not available” but check your plugins. People often accidentally install plugins that attempt to install viruses.

Yesterday I deleted some of them. And it still shows me the error in the output. Should I delete all of them instead?

The original error message implicated the “Load Character Lite” plugin as the one attempting to inject the script