Group permission roleset for uploading group assets

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to grant development permissions to users for specific places without giving them full edit access to everything in the group.

I recently switched my team over to have access to specific development places, rather than everybody having full edit permissions (this allows everybody with this permission to view our developer stats and group balance, which should be considered private information). This works great except for the fact that they are unable to upload models, decals or animations to the group at all.

There is no current permission to individually allow this. The existing permissions “Create/Configure Group items” and “Spend Group” funds do only allow team members to upload shirts/pants and make ads/sponsors.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would allow us to keep information private while allowing team members the ability to develop without any roadblockers.

15 Likes

Second. A game of ours relies on imported group models, and in order for anyone to edit that model they must be granted access to edit all group games. This is undesirable for obvious reasons, and prevents us from making use of the permissions feature as intended.

3 Likes

Bump, this would be very useful in 2023.

2 Likes

bumpbrumuubmp please add bump burup bump bump