Group Revenue page doesn't account for sales commissions

There is a discrepancy between the amount of Robux my Forbidden Arts group has apparently earned and the amount it actually has earned. This mostly stems from the ancient commissions system, leading me to think the website programmers forgot to account for it when making this page.

I have only ever had three products for sale on this group, a Donor T-Shirt, a Mega Donor T-Shirt, and ForbiddenJ Follower T-Shirt, and the only time I’ve ever used the group funds was for the payout shown. I’ve paid for other group purchases out my personal funds.

So what’s the deal here?

I’ve developed a table of the number of items sold as of March 13, 2020, along with their prices and revenue, based on the log of sales, and the fact that a 30% marketplace fee is taken out. Pending sales are omitted.

Product Price Sold Earned After Fee
Donor T-Shirt 50 :robux_gold: 59 2,950 :robux_gold: 2,065 :robux_gold:
Mega Donor T-Shirt 300 :robux_gold: 7 2,100 :robux_gold: 1,470 :robux_gold:
ForbiddenJ Follower T-Shirt 10 :robux_gold: 1 10 :robux_gold: 7 :robux_gold:

That would come out to 3,542‬ Robux.
Subtract 286 for the payout, and the final total is…

3,256 :robux_gold:

The displayed revenue is 3,261 Robux, which isn’t far off from my calculations. However, since my group actually has 2,751 Robux, this would mean I’m somehow missing 505 Robux.

"But wait! There’s a 10% commission that’s taken out when your items are sold in third-party games. Is this just a visual bug?"

There is a commission system, and in fact, pretty much all of them had commissions taken out because they were sold in games that didn’t belong to the group.

Let’s assume that every sale had the 10% commission taken out, leaving me with the remaining 60%:

Product Price Sold Earned After Fee and Commission
Donor T-Shirt 50 :robux_gold: 59 2,950 :robux_gold: 1,770 :robux_gold:
Mega Donor T-Shirt 300 :robux_gold: 7 2,100 :robux_gold: 1,260 :robux_gold:
ForbiddenJ Follower T-Shirt 10 :robux_gold: 1 10 :robux_gold: 6 :robux_gold:

That would come out as 3,036‬ Robux. Subtract 286 for the payout, and the grand total is…

2,750 :robux_gold:

Meaning my group inexplicably has 1 extra Robux, which is not far off from what my group actually has.

So yeah, the group revenue page clearly doesn’t account for sales commissions.

Edit (February 9, 2021):

At some point later, I looked at the lone sale of the ForbiddenJ Follower T-Shirt. I figured that since the t-shirt isn’t featured in my game, it didn’t have a commission taken out, which could explain why the group had 1 :robux_gold: more. The purchaser likely bought the product direct from its page.

Sorry I didn’t mention this before.

9 Likes

I’m fairly sure this was reported here:

Although this post wasn’t marked as a solution, there may be some relevancy to the issue:

1 Like

This is STILL not possible to see. I am a developer who makes most of my revenue from third party sales (hats,hair etc…) I also own a clothing mall where I feature other designers clothing and this is something that should be added or fixed soon. But it counts as “Sale of Goods” on the sales page.

I did test this, with a new group. I bought a hat inside my game and got 10% of 120 back. However this does not show up in the sales log.

Maybe add a “Commissions” page on groups? This would be super helpful!

9 Likes