Group wall messages are shown with the wrong timezone

Hello,

Group wall messages are shown with the wrong timezone. They’re displayed with the GMT-3 timezone when my current timezone is GMT+3. This bug affects all of the accounts that I am currently using as well as all of my devices. It affects the Roblox website and the Roblox desktop and mobile apps. It also affects all groups. This bug isn’t recent and has been ongoing for a while probably since late 2023.

Here’s a image showing the bug:-

You can notice from the image above the difference of the time between the group wall message and the taskbar. It is showing the time as 7:53AM (GMT-3) on the group wall message while the time the message was post on was 1:53PM (GMT+3).

Expected behavior

I expect group wall messages to be shown with the correct timezone that I am currently on or using.

7 Likes

Hello there, this is for as far as my knowledge goes not a bug or a problem, I too have that issue but Roblox has another time zone with their website and it would take them ages to make it so that every timezone gets to see a different time.

The timezone you see is Pacific timezone

Hope this helps

1 Like

They have a time zone conversion system in place, it’s just not working very well. I don’t see how this is not a problem, could you elaborate?

1 Like

But why would they do this if before, the timezones were working normally

Why would it be a problem when you can retrace the time if you really wanted to know when the post was send, and if the time zone conversion really is there then it is more Roblox fault and someone should address it to them to tell them the their system is not functioning.

I believe Roblox is using Pacific Timezone, So this is not a bug

Can’t we atleast set timezones?

Unfortunately that is not an option yet, maybe they will add it in the near future.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you!

2 Likes

I put way too much thought into this.

This is false, as the timezone shown on groups are different for everybody depending on what timezone they live in. Take this screenshot of wall posts from the day it started happening, for example. My two friends shown in it are both in the same timezone, which is different from the one I’m in.

Notice how they’re both saying it says 1:54 PM, yet for me (who lives in a different timezone than they do) it says 12:54 PM. Therefore, we now know that Roblox is, in fact, not trying to use one singular timezone throughout the entire platform, and that this is likely unintentional.

Then explain why, until October 2023, every timezone did see a different time?

Hello @ItzAidfoplays390 , we found an issue with our wall post creation time storage and have applied a fix. Any wall posts created since the fix should now have correct timezones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.