GUI rotation issue with ClipsDescendants

When a GUI’s rotation is not set to default (0), It does not follow any ClipsDescendants settings. This is really annoying and ruins a lot of possibilities with effects. I’ve seen on other posts about this issue, but none have addressed a way to avoid this issue.
Either fix, or help me find a solution to rid of this problem - it’s driving me crazy!

Thanks!

1 Like

This is not a bug, this has been the case ever since rotation on GUI objects were released, and it has been made that way due to the fact that the paradigm (convex clipping) that could accomplish this is inefficient for real-time updates to the interface compared to clipping in axis-aligned GUI objects.

So probably not anywhere soon

1 Like

Just look at the wiki, bro. All the information you’ll ever need is right there.

2 Likes

No mention of the behavior under http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class/GuiObject/ClipsDescendants either. I’m surprised it’s not documented after the number of times this has been discussed.

It is mentioned now. On both pages.

1 Like

Haha I get this.

But as for solutions for this problem, you’re stuck. We all just have to set with a rotation of 0 for now, or just not clip our guis at all.