Guilded Profile Link Shows Invalid URL Formatting

Reproduction Steps

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Scroll down to the botton where you can add your Social Media Links
  3. Attempt to add a guilded profile vanity url (guilded.gg/u/VANITY_URL_HERE)

Expected Behavior
The Guilded Profile Link format should be correct and valid when I put it in (guilded.gg/u/PROFILE_VANITY_URL_HERE) (i.e. guilded.gg/u/develop)

Actual Behavior
Only accepts vanity urls that conflict with server vanity URLs. (i.e. only accepts guilded.gg/develop (which is a server vanity url) instead of accepting guilded.gg/u/develop (which is a profile vanity url))

Workaround
Using a non-vanity url profile link

Issue Area: Website
Issue Type: Invalid URL? (don’t know the available options since I’m doing without the wizard)
Impact: Moderate (will have a Low Impact for people without a conflicting URL)
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-04-02 12:26 PST (UTC-8)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-04-02 12:26 PST (UTC-8)

Extra Note:

When a Guild and a Guilded Profile share the same vanity url, the profile vanity url is supposed to have an indication that its a user.

My user vanity url ends with develop. However, another server took the vanity URL so in order for the link to be directed to my profile instead of the server, I’ll need to use guilded.gg/u/develop instead of guilded.gg/develop.

Its encouraged to specifically use the /u/ in profile links since it directly indicates that its a profile vanity URL.

1 Like

This might have been an oversight rather than a bug. Either way, this should be fixed.

1 Like

To note, if you are encountering this issue, you can still use your non-vanity url of your profile and it will successfully save.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t know that. Let me add that to the workaround.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I am having this problem now. Trying to add the share address for the game’s Guilded server and getting “The url must match the social media type”. I see this reported a lot. No resolution after being a bug for years.

1 Like

I honestly totally forgot about this, but it sucks that this bug report hasn’t been giving any attention.