Gun being offset

Hey y’all.

I’m having problem with animating Gun and Character with Moon Suite.
It’s alright when animating, but when I equip the tool (and play the animation) the handle (gun) is not on the right place.

The gun is welded together, and the gun is connected do Right Arm (R6) via Motor6D.

Does anyone know why is this happening?

I can’t post pictures now, since I’m not on PC, I’ll be able to post it later

1 Like

Have you tried moving the handle? Roblox auto-adjusts the handle so you might need to fix it up manually. I recommend using CloneTrooper’s Handle Editor.

1 Like

I know that and did that, but I mean, if I animate movement of the gun will the gun move?

1 Like

Is there any animation running on the gun? For an example, when you shoot it it will play the recoil animation but in a wrong position.
I recommend to connect the parts of your gun via Motor6D, also check the C0 and C1 of the Motor6D that you are connecting to the Right Arm, they should be exact same as the one that you used for animating. You can check by printing them in the command bar.

1 Like

Yes there’s recoil playing, but it is offset even in idle.

And I connected it via Motor6D using Moon Suite.

1 Like

This is in the wrong topic. Move it to #platform-feedback:studio-bugs or any other topic related to animations.
Art Design Support is for:
-GFX
-UI

1 Like

No. Studio bugs are for things that the engineers have to fix. #help-and-feedback:game-design-support is probably the best category.

2 Likes

Obviously, this is not engine bug.

1 Like

Not sure, but this might be the right Category.

There’s animation.

1 Like

Try doing this though, printing the C0 and C1 values of both existing tool and animating dummy. Offseting usually relates to C0 and C1 values.

2 Likes

Printing C0, C1 of the Motor6D in the RightArm.

Will do it.

1 Like

If no one is able to help you here you could try another section within Help and Feedback. c:

1 Like

Actually, I’m not inserting the Motor6D to the player’s character.
I do it only when animating.

Of course you have to! Or else how do you connect the tool to the player Character? By using Welds?

Ah. That’s the thing lol.

So when should I add the Motor6D?

You can initially add it when the player joins the server, whenever the player equips the tool, Set Part1 to your Tool Handle. Remember to do this both on client and server.

1 Like

Okay, and how will I position it, so it Is like I want it?
Because I added the Motor6D and no visual changes.

I provided a code example in the bottom, you can take it as a reference.
Go back to your initial animating dummy, print the C0 and C1 values of the Motor6D that was connected to the handle. (0,0,0) should be the best, if it’s not, I recommend you to set it to 0,0,0 and reanimate it.
Then just connect the Motor between Right Arm and handle whenever a player equips the tool when they are in game.