Hacked game? (Please help)

Hello you-all, so this is the 2nd game I tried to make and it somehow got hacked. I really need help on this since our team has worked really hard on our game and being hacked isn’t a good feeling.

Once we published it all the scripts have been filled with the same sentence:
https://gyazo.com/959a1232f118753fd3465191c8ede844

On my old game same thing happened and it made the game un-playable, it crashed everybody’s chat and camera angle. After a while it teleported everybody to a weird piggy off-brand game. So we made the place private and started over again. I really do want to remove this, so please if anybody can help it would be greatly appraciated.

Note: We did not use a single free model but we did use plugins and some already made donation scripts etc etc.

2 Likes

Ask your team to check their plugins for backdoors. Plugins have enough permissions to add-on to scripts and create scripts with malicious content.

1 Like

Alright, we’re all checking our plugins right now.

1 Like

Do you think an exploiter might have done this? Or maybe one of your staff. Because if this happens as soon as you join the game it’d be best to check all the scripts or plugins as some plugins Plugin Script Injection Vulnerability

All of our staff are good friends so nobody could have done this. Also, nobody in our group really knows how script well, we’re thinking it’s a donation board that could have done it. The whole thing was supposed to be a grand opening and suspiciously enough an ALT account that’s not even a day old joined our game the second we published it.

Exploiters can at most fire RemoteEvents or edit their local character. Perhaps if advanced enough, they could edit the game server side, but they do not have the ability to alter scripts in Studio itself. :smiley:

Alright thanks for the help, the fact that this happened the second time is a little bit strange. I’ve already reported the off-brand piggy game they kept sending everybody.

1 Like

you used a donation board, a lot of duplicate models have scripts that can seriously damage the game (first-hand experience)

it can also store files into your computer, check again and remove the model

3 Likes

You can try using Roblox’s ‘search all scripts’ feature to look for game:GetService("TeleportService") to look for the script teleporting players. Or other words similar, try searching for require() and getfenv() too.

1 Like

We deleted the donation board as that’s the only thing that we put on our game twice. Also, what types of file can it put on my computer?

1 Like

from what I had, it had a virus generated onto a computer file which affected my Roblox performance. ( only affected Roblox, nothing else)

Alright, we have tested it out again and it seemed to work just fine now, thank you for the help.

2 Likes

I think your right if you have any Free Modules A. Check them over fro anything like slide the thing all the way to the other side if possible or not. Or just re-script the entire thing since many FMs have backdoor that people exploit a lot. Thats why most of the things I use I script myself.

We made all of the models but the thing that caused the problem was a donation board which had a 50/50 dislike to like ratio

1 Like

To actually modify the source of scripts is only possible through the command bar or plugins, so a malicious plugin seems like the only possibility.

2 Likes

@iiAqua_RB Is this forum resolved now if so please lock it or get a Post Approver to do so. And I hope we/I can assist you again with any other problems you may have! Otherwise, Have a great day!

1 Like

You too, we’re just checking once again if the same problem will happen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feel free to DM me if it does. And I’ll use a tracker to find the script.