The Localization page looks like a "hacked" page!

I’m completely confused with Localization page and I believe I have already seen this page for many months, and I don’t UNDERSTAND AT ALL why Roblox never fixed this page, this is a shame for people who want to translate.
I miss so much the old roblox translate pages to make your own translations, now this a mess and I don’t know who are these groups and who are these people on?!
I had to censor some words too. Seriously what’s going on.

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/translator-portal

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, this page currently shows all universes where you have been added as a translator by the owner of that universe or one of your group (roles) has been added as translator.

Will be closing out this thread for that reason as this is not a bug but a limitation of the product.

We understand the current product behavior isn’t ideal because you don’t control enough about what is shown on this page and you can’t remove unwanted translator assignments, nor can you properly filter by user/group level translator permissions. We’re actively working on solving this and will announce this once we are able to release the improvements.

8 Likes

Please don’t let any random game add us as translators…

4 Likes

This is 100% intentional and allowed behavior.

2 Likes

We need to think about how to do this properly. The alternative is some sort of “invite” system where they invite you to be translator and then you accept. However, this has the same downside, how do we filter the invites?

These are things we’re actively thinking about. The first step may be that we’ll let you delete things from here since that is easy for us to implement and ship. Then perhaps the invite strategy or some other heuristic is a follow-up we’d need to really think through, it will take more time to do right.

5 Likes

I feel the best option would be to have translator permissions (or at least giving translator permissions) have similar restrictions to team create permissions (need to be a friend or a certain rank in a group before you can be given access - that would limit abuse to at worst being between friends or groups that users are in)
There’s a reason team create permissions are so strict, I’m not sure why translator permissions aren’t similar/the same (as they’re as good as editing the game itself considering they allow changing the game logo/name/description and text inside it)

2 Likes

Because translator permissions are more flexible than Team Create permissions. You can currently assign a user/group game to any user/group/group-role even if the user/group owner is completely unrelated to that user/group, for some valid use cases.

As stated we’ll think through this properly and how to migrate current UI to a better alternative, thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you now I understand why there are so many weird groups on my page. People use the translator ability to promote their Roblox groups and that’s why it’s messy for me.
Please put a request button for people who want to add us in the translation team if not there’s no way to filter these things, we can’t stand these selfish groups.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d rather be spammed with invites in a seperate tab I can filter through with a search bar that lets me search for games AND users (example, typing “meaxis” would return both invitations from @meaxisdev AND games with the title “Meaxis”).

The spam is still there but at least the Localization portal would serve a purpose

4 Likes

I understand that this is not a bug, but I would like to decide what game localizations I want to accept. I have a lot of random games in my localization tab because random people I don’t know add me to them.

3 Likes

I’m glad I checked my page. While I understand that this is a limitation of product, it is a problematic one. I sincerely hope that “actively working on solving this” means that it is being worked on sooner rather than later.

Having one’s name associated with this kind of TOU-violating content without consent or agency to revoke or even control consent is unacceptable. Here are some examples from my localization page, of many.

2 Likes

Yes, this is being worked on by someone, hence “actively working on solving this”.

We don’t have a timeline for shipping at the moment. It will take some time because engineering is slow by nature due to the complexity here and there is quite a lot to do. We’ll be redoing the whole page and the back-end call to better support the desired behavior.

We’ll update relevant feature request / bug reports and announce once it releases.

Please report content you believe violates the TOS by using “Report Abuse” on the experiences.

3 Likes

I just have to reply to this.

I also have lots of random games in my localization page. Can’t you just filter it so it’s on a setting like the people you follow only or friends only? I know you’re a staff and can’t really do much with this besides from saying you’re working on it, but I also have to say that the Report Abuse does nothing. You know for a fact that it is AI-checked and not human-proven. Those usernames are getting through because you just use AI for everything and currently their general intelligence is less than that of a monkey.

I’m not really well versed in web-design, but surely just adding a filter if you’re friends with them or not is enough and relatively low effort? Why must you “redo the whole page and the back-end call to better support the desired behavior”?

There are currently a lot of people who are abusing this feature:

I know you can’t judge things based off of images but surely you can track the message down yourself? This is obviously, and unfortunately quite sadly, (lots of adjectives!) going to be a project that is set for later rather than sooner.

Disappointed in ROBLOX, for the 72nd time this year.

EDIT: Apparently even trying to turn off the Localization doesn’t let you save them, what a nice feature!

It’s not just a technical issue. There are valid use cases where people who aren’t friends need to collaborate to translate universes. If we were to put a friends-only filter over this as-is it would inhibit those use cases. So we need to figure out how to do this in the right way so that we help you but don’t break someone else’s critical workflow.

I already said above that we’re doing a first pass of quality of life over this page, which will help because (1) it will reduce the amount of spam you see because you can filter by user/group granted to, and (2) it will put group owners in control of who in the group sees these authorizations, which they currently have no control over. We’re already thinking about a fast-follow afterwards to let group owners remove items from the list.

It doesn’t mean it will be the only pass or that we’ll never add more restrictions or some sort of invite system. We’re on the same side here, please be patient with us and assume best intent.

2 Likes

Small update: we will be shipping a message to this page to let people know why undesired tiles may be showing up and to let everybody know we’re working on this problem. We will reply again once this is shipped.

6 Likes

Just saw the message - thank you, and I mean that sincerely.

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback. We’ve added the new banner in the translator portal explaining why you might be seeing some unfamiliar experiences there. We are working on a long term solution that would allow creators and translators to have more privacy controls and we appreciate your feedback and patience on this.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.