Hair accessories do not appear in HumanoidDescription using GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId() or GetHumanoidDescriptionFromOutfitId()

Reproduction Steps
Bug.lua (662 Bytes)

See attachment for code. The issue here is HumanoidDescription.HairAccessory field is empty after loading a UserId/OutfitId which contains Hair accessories.

See:
Players.GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId()
Players.GetHumanoidDescriptionFromOutfitId()

Expected Behavior
When using either Players.GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId() or
Players.GetHumanoidDescriptionFromOutfitId(), the HumanoidDescription.HairAccessory field should be filled with a comma separated list of hair asset ids.

Actual Behavior
After using Players.GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId() or
Players.GetHumanoidDescriptionFromOutfitId(), the HumanoidDescription.HairAccessory field ALWAYS remains empty.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-03-02 00:03:00 (-05:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

10 Likes

Sorry for this bug. The issue is related to the layered clothing release. As a workaround for the time being you can use HumanoidDescription:GetAccessories() as a way to get hair accessories from the humanoid description.

bool includeRigidAccessories = false
print(game:GetService("Players"):GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(2231221):GetAccessories(includeRigidAccessories))

Gives the result:

{
  [1] = {
     ["AccessoryType"] = Hair,
     ["AssetId"] = 301819154,
     ["IsLayered"] = true,
     ["Order"] = 11,
     ["Puffiness"] = 0
  },
}
6 Likes

Also experienced this bug in one of the games I am developing for. You are also not able to use Humanoid Descriptions to overwrite the Characters Hair with setting the HairAccessory Attribute.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local humDesc = game.Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(player.UserId)
	humDesc.HairAccessory = "6823409166"

player:LoadCharacterWithHumanoidDescription(humDesc)
end)

Will result into this:

grafik

1 Like

Do we know if this is related to Roblox removing “Hair” category from the catalog? Catalog and Avatar Editor were switched to “Head Accessories” a while ago, it also makes looking for hair more difficult.

Thanks for the workaround, that works for the time being although it’s a bit sloppy.

Do you know roughly when it will be fixed?

I thought I was going crazy thinking this was an issue on my end. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Thank you!

1 Like

This should be fixed by next Wednesday/Thursday (with the hair accessories going back to appearing in the HairAccessory property)

4 Likes

Hopefully this didn’t get swept under the rug. Issue is still occurring.

2 Likes

Can confirm, this is still occuring. It’s a big issue for my custom catalog, hopefully this gets resolved soon

the fix for this is on now. Give it a couple of hours to filter through to all servers, and it should be back to it was

2 Likes

Hey, just wanted to say it’s fixed now. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.