Hat giver issue!

Accessories are really positioned for you automatically with the use of attachments, why are you using welds?

Okay this is getting confusing. lemme break it down.

I have an army game. And I want uniforms and hats. So i made a menu for players to equip a hat. But it got slightly confusing so i went for help on the dev forum. And this guy fixed it by making me add a “isEquippied” parameter in my script. And now the taking hat on/off function isn’t working.

I just replicated his script, I didn’t bother fixing code errors he just wanted help with preventing it from being added again to the players character.

isEquippied

Is a very bad way to check if player has accessory, can you just try my snippet and see if it works? You can just pass the accessory name as a fireserver() argument.
Can you tell me how you fire the event?

1 Like

that was unexpected. lemme check it out

i will try hold on

30 word limit eetcccc

It should work, the suggestions they are saying are also helpful I just did a simple little check for if the item exist on the characters head.

too complicated… way too complicated. Im just looking for a simple solution to my problem…

How is it complicated?!?! You can just pass a string as FireServer() and that’s it??

im dumb thats y its complicated… also im not pro script man like all of u and its hella confusing like wtf does for i_, do accessohj bla bla meann

It loops through the character and destroys any accessories that does not match the accessory you’re trying to pass? I just did what your snippet does but it actually applies for all accessories instead of a random one.

exactly… way too complicated… ill try the other ones idea

Well alright.

doesnt work for me. maybe i did something wrong but i give up on tryna fix it- thanks for the help tho

Are you able to post the code you did?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.