Have been unable to view my friends list of over 2 months

I have been unable to view my friends list for over 2 months. I’ve deleted extensions and everything, I have no clue what’s going on.

This is what shows every time. I’ve tried everything.

Expected behavior

I expect to be able to view my friends list.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate and follow up with updates.

3 Likes

Let me know if you need any more information, I’ll be happy to assist!

Forgot to mention, I’m using Opera GX Browser.

1 Like

Pretty significant update on this,

As of today, most pages aren’t loading.

Groups:

Inventory:

Inventory:

Trade:

This has been happening on and off, but it’s been happening all of today. Doesn’t happen every time but more times than not.

Network tab is returning nothing ever time.

I’m not sure if this is a separate issue but I thought I’d mention it anyway

Plugins:

BTRoblox
RoPro

(still doesn’t work when I disable either of them)

3 Likes

Do you have a VPN? It can lead to heavy rate limiting

Nope, never use a VPN. Never have. It’s really odd.

This is still an issue.

2 Likes

Small non-significant update

I’ve moved to Chrome temporarily until this issue (hopefully) gets resolved on Opera GX. Friends list works fine with the same extensions on Chrome - hopefully this issue is fixed soon.

Did you have any errors in console related to out of storage quota?

It’s interesting that opera breaks it despite being based on chromium (effectively the same as chrome, just in operas case it has some spyware minor changes added)

It’s even more interesting you’re the only person who seems to have this issue, cause nobody else is replying to this thread despite opera being as big as it is right now.

Out of curiosity, do you still get these issues in an incognito window and/or when logged out? (ie trying to view groups or peoples inventories)

Honestly the reports of pages not loading were far less common than the friends list issue, which has been consistent for months. I’ve been using Opera GX for years and it’s only since around November these issues have started occuring.

I knew that Opera GX was based on Chromium, which is why I’m surprised that I’ve not been getting the issues on Chrome. I’ve switched over temporarily either way.

Is there an Incognito on Opera? I was unaware this whole time.

A couple of Console errors, no clue if they are related but

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute ‘setItem’ on ‘Storage’ : Setting the value of ‘CacheStore:BatchRequestProcessor::friends:1629330294:undefined:undefined:StatusFrequents:undefined’ exceeds the quota.

Also a few register-app-presence 400 bad request errors.

Guessed it was this error.

Use the workaround here Friends related features frequently do not load - #2 by Haydz6

You legend, thank you! It worked.

I’ll mark this as solution so people know to check the other post.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.