[Help] Anti-UWP Script aka Anti Skid

what game is this, and are you able to ask the developer questions?

Here the possible ways i have found / remake:

local HttpService = game:GetService("HttpService")
local UWPVersions = require(script:WaitForChild("UWPVersions"))

-- Get the latest version of the Roblox client from the Google Play Store
local success, response = pcall(function()
    return HttpService:GetAsync("https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roblox.client&hl=en_US&gl=US")
end)
if success then
    local version = string.match(response, "Current Version.+>([%d%.]+)<")
    if version and not table.find(UWPVersions, version) then
        table.insert(UWPVersions, version)
    end
end

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
    local success, version = pcall(function()
        return player:GetJoinData().ClientVersionString
    end)
    if success and table.find(UWPVersions, version) then
        player:Kick("UWP detected")
    end
end)

HTTP request to get the latest version of the Roblox client from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and automatically add it to the blacklist of UWP versions

related thread: Detect uwp/microsoft store Roblox - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - Developer Forum | Roblox

bizzare times, and no, why would?

also Version() function on client exists :grin:

local UWPVersions = {
    "2.590.678",
    "2.592.586",
}
if table.find(UWPVersions,Version()) then
     game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer:Kick("uwp detected")
end

th-861945018

8 Likes

Hey! Check out these other top, front page posts on scripting support.

There is a way to detect 32 bit clients, but I don’t know how to solve your exact problem.

1 Like

erm i dont trust that still impossible

1 Like

lol its possible and it works i tried myself

allegedly arsenal/arsenal reloaded is doing it, and so is another game

Detect uwp/microsoft store Roblox - #4 by WaviestBalloon - Some one already made a post about this.

you are checking if its 32 bit or 64 bit. not that hard, quite easy to understand if you have used lua before

function determineBitArchitecture(): number
local tableAddress = tonumber(string.sub(tostring{}, 8))
if #tostring(tableAddress) <= 10 then
return 32
else
return 64
end
end

this code was made by “WaviestBalloon” by the way props to them.

However you will also be blocking phone users so I recommend having mobile players on another server.

why the heck should I be bit-checked?
roblox didn’t quite make anti 32-bit.
and players are still playing on it.
ESPECIALLY HOW DOES UWP FIX IT?
IF IT CHECKS FOR BITS ON THE COMPUTER.
AND IF A 64-BIT PLAYER PLAYS UWP VERSION.
Whoever came up with this must be completely #########

bro lol what is this picture :man_with_gua_pi_mao:

The cheaters have already found a bypass I think, because it would have to be client side.

(However it still might be a good idea to add for people who have outdated scripts since its so easy to CTRL + C + CTRL V)

but byfron only runs on the 64 bit version of Roblox. and the windows version of Roblox (the one cheaters use) runs on 32 bit. Completely bypassing client side byfron this I think is because windows doesn’t allow obfuscated code.

From what I know the 64 bit launcher has not been bypassed yet leading cheaters to use the windows version. (32bit) which 32 bit is ment to be unsupported by now (besides some phones).

the idea is is that it checks if you are not on phone and if you are running a 32 bit version of roblox. If so it kicks you or does what ever you make the code do next after finding out. This would lower the amount of cheaters in your game by a good bit. (Arsenal said on Twitte- I MEAN X. (cough cough) it lowered cheating amounts by 85%)

So no. This this doesn’t seem like a stupid script. Its a genuine good attempt and some what of a success.

Developers should always be encouraged on trying to help lower the amount of cheating. Making anti-cheats can be hard.

yes correct

they already found the bypass and it works like this:

hooks version and Version functions and replaces with byfron client version

hooks tostring so it returns 64 bit instead of 32 bit when trying tostring a table

do you think skids enough smart to understand that? you can replace “anti uwp kick” text with “you have been banned forever for exploiting” or such false text lol

It could be misleading to say that a totally innocent user that just wants to play the game in an UWP roblox client suddenly gets “banned” for “exploiting”

Word would get around that its false text easy probably, also wouldn’t recommend for innocent users of the roblox windows version as there can be some normal players too. You should always prioritize the lowest amount of friction for the normal player base over a small bit of the cheating community having a slightly harder time by having to update their scripts.

Most perm or long bans should be done by humans or a dev team. Never the anti-cheat as there is something that can always go wrong with it. Unless they trip a lot of signs of cheating. Which then kicking them or giving them 7 day or less ban is a lot more better.

1 Like

You do realize that anything that happens on the client can be exploited and bypassed, right? Also, that’s a very bright idea to just prevent all the innocent players with UWP clients from playing your game :joy:. If an exploiter really hated your game enough and wanted to exploit on it they could just disable the script before it even kicks you when they join your game and exploit to their hearts desire.

1 Like

Then just kick them, and tell them UWP roblox is not allowed, and to just go on normal roblox.

1 Like