Help in building a map

There are a few things that make up a dessert build, very specific things that gives it the design.
here is an example of what I did in around 10mins

as you can see there is a specific color pattern of light/dark yellow

• palm trees
    -desert rocks
  • Oasis
    -Cactus
1 Like

A good way to start, is the spawn. You’d wanna create the place people spawn, then just let your mind flow and build away. If something doesn’t look right, feel free to delete it and try again.

1 Like

i always start by making the model i have in mind according to desert. Then when it’s done i start building the map with the border (always use 2 differents color minimum for the border)

1 Like

Well if it’s a desert, why not use some tan-colored sand and cacti? If you want to create some basic sand dunes you can use spheres that go inside the sand. If you want to have it a little more industrialized you can try your hand at a worn-down car and maybe some epik lighting fx like fog. Maybe moving tumbleweeds? Just a thought.

1 Like

Terrain, Terrain, Terrain, Terrain, Terrain, build your terrain then once you have the terrain, mold the builds around the terrain.

1 Like

Following up on this and something @ultronk2v said in another comment:

Also I forgot to tell this, it’s not just a barren desert I am planning to add some builds too

I would 100% check out some of the Roblox speed builders to get ideas. It always helps to inspire and motivate me to check out some amazing builds that people have done.
The one that I have linked here directly relates to your idea, and I’m sure there are many more just like it.

Good luck!

1 Like