Help making this ban system ban across servers

Hey, developers!

I’ve been spending some time trying to make a ban system where the game will detect if a player gets banned, then kick them from whatever server they’re in.

In the script I’m about to show, it doesn’t include the global ban code because it isn’t coded because it keeps breaking the ban function. I’m trying to figure out how to incorporate a global ban detection system into my currently existing code.

Here’s my code:

Any help would be hugely appreciated, as this would be a hugely beneficial addition.

6 Likes

try looking into Messaging Service

you can use it to send messages across servers, in your case sending the player name or id and kicking that player if they exist in each server.

3 Likes

I made a BanManager a while ago that uses MessagingService to achieve cross-server banning. You should check out the code and see how it works, so you can implement a similar system in your game.

3 Likes

Hey!

When a player is initially banned in a seperate server, are they kicked from that server right as they’re banned or do they have to rejoin to receive the ban?

2 Likes

Correct. MessagingService allows for cross-server communication which makes this possible.

2 Likes

I’ll look into it. Thanks for the resource!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.