HELP! Mobile users experiencing spinning camera and random camera movements after camera manipulation

1. What is the issue?
    So I have this game:
    Main Game
    Test Climbing Game
    This gives the user an option to toggle climbing, which uses @EgoMoose famous Gravity Controller module:
    Gravity Controller
    Game
    It’s been going well using this module to expand upon my game, except for this one bug. Basically, if a mobile user does not input any camera movement for a small span of time, their camera CFrame begins to either randomly shift around or just start spinning nauseatingly fast, and this behaviour does not stop until the user moves their camera a bit by touching their screen. This behaviour is extremely inconsistent and random, the speed and direction of the spinning never being the same. This issue has been driving mobile players away from my game for a while.

Something I would like to note is, that I’ve only ever been able to reproduce this issue with custom characters and delayed spawning (After a menu/play screen)

1. What solutions have I tried so far?
    I’ve tried stopping the camera while the player is not moving the camera, I’ve looked through many scripts trying to find errors of any sort but I’ve had zero luck.

One of the many examples of this issue

Any help would be appreciated. I believe this issue’s problem is rooted somewhere in the PlayerModule.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the camera modifications for the gravity controller are broken due to the player module not being forked.

You can find a version that does work here:

However, that’s only the camera so you’ll have to transplant that into the rest of the code.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. The relative camera manipulation in my game is working, and the place file I got the module from is linked in the post. My issue is mobile users’ cameras spinning out and moving randomly unexpectedly. Could you please clarify and elaborate?

1 Like

Have you solved this problem? :wave:

2 Likes

Unfortunately not. Why do you ask?

1 Like

Solved. I found the issue, after a surprising while.

The Follow camera type was causing interference with the camera manipulation… Easy fix.

2 Likes

How would we implement this, I’m having a hard time because the issue on mobile is frustrating.

1 Like

The camera spinning issue? I have a surprisnly easy fix.

1 Like

Please state it, I’ve been struggling

1 Like

Disable the Follow camera-type, and switch to classic. Don’t do it with a script, configure it in StarterPlayer I think.

2 Likes

okay I’ll try, for mobile only right?

1 Like

The bug isn’t limited to mobile but is rare on other devices.

1 Like

Oh alright then, I’ll go to further testing

1 Like

solved: disallow follow cameratype behaviour

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.