Help needed with transparent .fbx rigs

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    So i’ve been making some character models in blender, adding bones, then importing them into studio as .fbx files, adding a texture, and animating them in studio. I now need to do this with a character which has transparent parts.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I need to somehow get a character model into studio that has transparent, “glasslike” parts, and I also need it to move with the bones alongside the non-transparent parts. sorta like this:

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have looked for solutions but haven’t found any yet.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hmm. This topic is very interesting to me. I have made multiple custom characters, but never with transparent parts like this.

These links might be helpful:

1 Like

thanks, i just read through them but they don’t seem to mention anything about separate/transparent pieces. do you have any ideas on anything i should try?

1 Like

I don’t know anything about bones or anything like that. I tried to test it out myself by watching a couple tutorials on bones in Blender, but couldn’t get anything working.

My guess was that you could use the bones and weld one mesh to another. This means that you might have to weld each bone, but yeah. There might be an easy way to do it in Blender, like welding one mesh to use the same bones as another mesh and follow that path.

If you can do that while having the meshes as separate mesh parts, then you can make the one on the outside transparent.

1 Like