Help to make the player jump

1. What do you want to achieve?
I want to have a script that can make the player jump.
2. What is the issue?
The issue is all the normal ways don’t work due to this GitHub - EgoMoose/Rbx-Wallstick: A Lua module that allows you to stick to walls and objects in Roblox and i want a way to do it with this on.
3. What solutions have you tried so far?
I have tried searching on google for solutions but i can’t find anything.

Can anyone help?

1 Like

Find the character’s humanoid then set jump to true, it will disable after jumping

local Humanoid = character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")

if Humanoid then -- if it exists then
     Humanoid.Jump = true
end
2 Likes

I should probably have said the things i’ve already tried because that is the problem that doesn’t work with it.

Oh, but anyway maybe try using the updated version since there’s a devforum post made by the same creator. This is probably outdated. I can’t tell if that supports jumping since I don’t use that.

I don’t think there is an updated version as i can only find 1 post of it

You can scroll down at the first post and find the updated at the end at the first post.

That’s the post i got the link from

The latest updated version is from a roblox place (not file), i don’t know if this would work since I can’t test because i’m on phone at the moment so i’m unsure.

Edit: try going to the place called Gravity Controller and see if that would help unless you are using it at the moment.

I’ve downloaded the Playground.rbxl from the github page and then copied the scripts to my game and i’ve also tested it in the other place it is that same thing

Since i cannot help further of helping on the gravity controller or wallstick script, I’ll got to ask you a few questions then that is all I can help.

Are you sure your jumppower is set to 0 in startercharacter, starterplayer, in game?

Are there scripts that affects the jumppower?

I have used this script before and when I tick jump and manually jump, my character does jump.

There shouldn’t be any thing that effects the jump power as i can jump just fine using spacebar

Well try CTRL+SHIFT+F or find in all scripts and search jumppower = 0 or just jumppower or just 0 just in case if you cannot jump in game. Otherwise maybe there’s an error in your script that makes your character jump or maybe it didn’t actually jump because of bugs hidden in your jump script like if statements, try debugging by print if you think that’s the reason why.

If nothing works, I apologize because this is all I can help.

So i’ve gotten help by the creator of the Wall-stick thing and he fixed the issue.

1 Like

this worked, thank you! all I needed was the
Humanoid.Jump = true
thank you!

1 Like