[HELP] Using Microprofiler To Pinpoint Major Lag Spikes

Disabling or enabling a state is one time. Once a state is disabled, the humanoid cannot ever enter that state. If it’s enabled the humanoid can enter that state. The first one is what you want - obviously though, in a different manner, such as a table.

2 Likes

Here’s some further screenshots from different frames after a few tweaks. Physics is getting better though it has a few big stalls like this once and a while though not as often as before.

Render is now starting to pop up a lot more and a lot stronger.
So is “Replicator ProcessPackets”.

Sometimes this lag happens when there appears to be nothing much going on and sometimes it will happen when there is a lot going on.

Pinpointing this has proven to be very difficult. And yet somehow all my scripts are running optimally as before, nothing is overworking (or seems to be in the console).

Another question I have…

If I were to put the culprits of the Physics stalling into a state of ‘total non-collide-ability’ by setting their collision group to not collide with anything else, would that not fix or at least help ease the problem?

I’m not entirely sure how the phyiscs engine handles collisions. One of two things could happen; physics calculations could get more expensive due to needing to filter and blacklist, or those calculations could be dropped entirely because of the blacklist. Trying either in a closed testing environment may give you the answer.

1 Like

Is there someone I could ask who would respond that knows for certain?

Ask specifically? I’m not too sure. Someone may come around with a proper response handy, but who knows how long that’ll take. Sorry I’m not able to provide a definitive answer.

FWIW you could start a new thread specific to collisions.

1 Like

So I’ve spent a few days converting a lot of the game’s aesthetic components and features all to the client for handling, with a simple RemoteEvent being fired to all clients for every event like; Particles, Animations, Tweening, Explosions, Sounds, etc.

This is about 2/5ths of the game now being client-sided, I have yet to finish it with the rest of the major lag producers.

However now I am noticing large stalls of this.

‘Prepare’, ‘UpdatePrepare’, etc.

I am utterly unsure as to what these mean and would appreciate any hints or pointers or wisdom from you guys, thanks! :grin:

Sorry, I actually don’t have the slighest as to what these bars are for. It all comes down to my initial post where I mentioned that the MicroProfiler has a lack of documentation on it.

1 Like