Help with a deforming mesh skirt

hi!
i was trying to make a skirt where when u walked the skirt would deform to not have your legs clip- through the skirt. i know u need a mesh with bones in it to do this, so i made one.
(not deformed)
(deformed)

i was wondering if it is possible to even have this work? like i know how to equip it to my avatar but idk how to actually make it move with the bones. I know deformed meshes and 3d clothing is still super new to roblox but i saw someone do it with a skirt one time. if anyone could help me that would be great.

2 Likes

does anyone know how please help and if you cant help please respond saying you cant

Also the skirt was imported with the avatar plugin

It looks like you are looking for this: 3D Layered Clothing is Now Available!

3D layered clothing would be the best option, but it’s a bit tricky to implement but you should be fine.

If you do want to use mesh deformation, you will need to manually animate the skirt to match the characters walk speed and play the animation on loop whenever the player starts moving. This will probably will be just as hard if not harder to do.

Good luck.

1 Like

hi! thank you for replying. i found this article and was wondering if you knew what way they did

1 Like

Do you think they did something else?

1 Like

Also guys they released the jackets with the deforemed meshes do yall know if that helps here?

2 Likes

and pants to if anyone knows a

1 Like