Help with BodyVelocity and physics in my game pls

In my game, I am implementing advanced movement including sliding, double jump, etc.
Currently, I have a few things but have encountered the problem that when the player runs into objects, they get sent flying or ragdoll to the floor.

https://gyazo.com/229acc026a8ec8d89dd16791a0787cfe

I have tried setting collision groups and that didn’t fix my problem. I don’t know if the issue is with the animation or the body velocity.

I thought about trying a custom hitbox, but I don’t know how I would go about doing that.

The script is basically just adding a bodyvel to the players humanoidrootpart. The bodvel has a very high maxforce, and the velocity is based on their lookvector. After a moment the bodyvel is destroyed.

Please put any help you have as I am really stumped by this, Thanks!

1 Like

It may be about mass or PhysicalProperties, turn on CustomPhysicalProperties and mess around, you may be able to fix that also I am not sure at all this is just a guess.

1 Like

The issue is when the humanoid hits a part with a lot of force then they ragdoll. To stop this you can disable it.

The reason why there is a lot of force is because humanoids really like to stay upright and will apply a lot of force to do so like in this ragdoll fling issue. So yeah it might be a good idea to just force the player into physics state like platform stand to prevent these unintended effects and focus on the custom self implementrd physics movement.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help,

I turned off the ragdoll state which didn’t seem to work.
I also repeatedly set the player into a PlatformStand. I’m not sure what that is supposed to do but it ended up making my character halfway into the ground and unable to move.

IDK if I did something wrong, but nothing works yet. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Ok, I figured it out, turns out I disabled the ragdoll state the wrong way, my bad! For anybody wondering, you have to disable it in a local script.