Help with data stores

If I make 2 different data stores if I spam one with requests will the other one be yielded aswell, I’m asking this cause I have a save system. To save objects but if a player was to spam save it would only effect them and not the other players. Any answers or replies would be greatly appreciated!

It shouldn’t be yielded unless you are storing them both under the same datastore/using a table.

This can affect other players data saving in your game if you have a big game. Too many requests can slow down the rate. So you might have to experiment with different ways to saving it such as :GetAsync, :SetAsync, :UpdateAsync, etc… Different ones will be able to handle more requests from the data.

I am saving using :SetAsync() is that bad in anyway?

I’ve heard update async takes the past value into consideration but set async don’t know why that really matters though

Not all. :SetAsync is one of the most popular ways to saving data. But when the player is added you will also have to use a method of loading it in.

It does. UpdateAsync allows you to look for the data currently saved under the datastore, and pull the data into use.

I know quite a bit about data stores I was just puzzled on that part.

If you’re curious about why you might want to use UpdateAsync over SetAsync, there are a few topics people have already made about this:

2 Likes