Help with Discord Logs

What is send function and invoke server.

local Function = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").SendFunction

Function.InvokeServer(plr, question1a, question2a, question3a, question4a, question5a, question6a)
end)

it won’t work because nothig named that is in there.

Why would he need to filter it? If the player is typing in an application, and the only other place said text is going to is discord, there’s no apparent need to filter it as other clients will not ever see it at that point. Discord is a 13 years+ service and doesn’t have restrictions to what you can say either.

1 Like

So have a fix to what i said, sendfunction and invoke server?

Nice question, but Roblox has a statement which states that any client input should be filtered before sending to external servers, so ideally you should filter any content sent to external servers or might result in getting your account banned.

1 Like

Hey so got a fix for my problem?

I did give you the code that you can use, did it have an error?

Yes. I told you SendFunction is not a valid Member of ReplicatedServer and stuff, like there’s nothing named SendFunction

Basically make a remote function named SendFunction in Replicated Storage

And what about InvokeServer what?

Nevermind about InvokeServer, I’m so dumb sorry, but what about FilteringFunction?

Oh sorry my mistake , change that line to

local filteringFunction = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").SendFunction

It worked, thank you so much, I appreciate it!

1 Like

@Diguard Just generate a new webhook at this point. Don’t run the risk of hoping that nobody saw it.

2 Likes

I was not aware of this. Thank you for letting me know. Seems like a pointless policy in my opinion if no client will end up seeing it, but I guess we have to deal with it. :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s just one reason why it should be filtered.

Say a young player, not as accustomed to the dangers of the Internet, is playing, and they want to give you feedback on your game. They type in their feedback, and sign it with their name and phone number, thinking you might contact them if you like the feedback. Sounds good to them.

Except… that’s not safe. Roblox’s filter takes care of that and makes sure the developer never receives sensitive personal information like that through the Discord log.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. I appreciate the clarification.

1 Like