Help with gamejoin API

Every request exposes the ip and even roblox games servers do and you can get it with req.connection.remoteAddress or req.headers[‘x-forwarded-for’]

Launching a game is not what i thought it was a possible way to get the server address also because here it displays this as response
immagine
(gamejoin.roblox.com)

may I ask what you mean by server address? Like job id or server ip address?

Roblox has hundreds of servers that are constantly on rotation, this will not help you!

what i mean is ip address chars

Oh well i was planning on restricting the field by getting servers of a game only

That won’t work since your game will have multiple server ips that change regularly.

It would not work because that’s the api of https://n-rtd.up.railway.app and it’s public to use and since i want to rate limit games exceeding entirely and not one server only i need another check other than the game id because someone could make requests outside of roblox, fake the game id and get the experience rate limited

Then you are out of luck, maybe provide api keys to each user.

Server ips don’t change while running or am i wrong? i got the idea from here Getting the IP of running game servers - #23 by grilme99

Uhm sounds like a good idea! But i would still like to know why here the person accomplished it

However, I’d assume a game could have multiple IPs as multiple servers would be running.

Yes infact it would have iterated over the list of servers to check if the received was a valid server ip

How would you know if it is valid since gameJoin only gives a single server ip at most.

let me explain it well.

1. the game submits a request to the API which will get the IP of the running server with req.connection.remoteAddress or req.headers['x-forwarded-for']
  2. it would get the list of all active servers containing their IPs
  3. compare the two IPs, if none matches then the request is not from roblox game servers

How would you get this, however.

i was hoping to use gamejoin.roblox.com because the response provides a list of running servers with the relative IPs

That api only works for the roblox.com domain.

Do you mean that only the roblox website can use it?

Yes, only roblox.com itself can use it.

1 Like

Actually from my researches sending the “referer” header with the value “www.roblox.com” will allow the usage of the api