Help with getting information with HTTP service!

Today I’m working with HTTP service and I’m trying to get information from websites. For example I want to get a persons Bio, Followers and Following off of twitter. How I’m achieving this is by using HTTP service then getting the page using httpService:GetAsync(). How can I access these things? Thanks and have a nice day! <3

1 Like

You can find the JSON on these websites that contain this data.
If you go on a page, Ctrl + Shift + I (inspect element) then click on Network and refresh, you can look through these files that contain json. They will be stored in URLs so you can copy it and use HttpService:GetAsync(url) which will return the JSON.

Maybe i explained it really badly, but I’m not the best at exlplaining stuff

The urls that have the data will look like this:

ok then how would I get the certain part like say only the userid from the image you’ve sent?

also I cant seem to find the json if you can just send me a little clip on how to do it thanks.

1 Like

Here I have a small explanation of how to use APIs to obtain the data:

Inside the page, you look for what you want.

although I’m not using API. If I were to use API how would I get the HTTP to API?

First go to your profile (by the way, this should work on every website)

Right click on your screen, and click Inspect Element

Then, you click on Network

Search JSON to find json urls

You will find files like this:

Click on any xhr file to preview it. Choose any you find useful
Then right click on the file name and copy the link address
And that will be the JSON url

1 Like

what’s weird is that I’ve went to a few websites to try this and there’s nothing for JSON that I’m looking for like the followers and following ect. shows up. I went through all the XHR files and couldn’t find it. Websites I went to were “TikTok” and “Twitter”.