Help with Lighting

How can you get precise shadows and lighting in your games

3 Likes

Well, there is a simple property in the Lighting property called ShadowMap, you can read more about it here:

Try to be more specific with your building support topics, maybe try to include an image showing the kind of lighting you’re trying to approach.

2 Likes

thanks for telling me about this. and sorry about not adding a image

2 Likes

Roblox has a tab in studio called “lighting” there you can add a shadow map and different kind of lighting. I recommend using a celestial body dragger so you can precisly use the lighting and correctly position your celestial objects (ex. sun and moon)

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. I will try this

2 Likes

No problem, I found you a tutorial: https://youtu.be/mEbkjJiTkAQ

2 Likes

Ok thanks mate this will help.

2 Likes

Go in lighting and add what ever you want intell you get this in the properties then just copy what i got it should turn out very well! if not reply back so we can fix it!

2 Likes

forgot to add the image oop

2 Likes

Thanks for the info V3XOM. That will help too.

1 Like

No problem my friend! 30charrsss

1 Like

One thing what is the meaning for chars. i’m new to the dev forums so I don’t know what that means

1 Like

Chars is characters you need 30+ characters in every post you make.

1 Like

ok just making sure what that meant

2 Likes

I was messing around with lighting. what would be a good sky.

3 Likes

Did it work? 30 (charssssssssss)

1 Like

You should use the properties in lighting to change the softness of shadows, ambient lighting, etc. SunRays, ColorCorrection, and Blur can be very useful as well.

2 Likes

This is a great tutorial that shows how to make good lightning (it covers precision as well) for beginners.
It should have everything you need

3 Likes