Help with my Custom Character

Hello Everyone!

So i tried to make my own custom model for the player Character and it started to “Skid”? or slip like there is a ice under and i Do not know How to fix this?
(I do have added the animation but it shows that it is failed? also i know the Character looks very bad)
robloxapp-20240511-1704376.wmv (3.1 MB)

2 Likes

hi!

ive also experienced this issue when importing a model of wallace from wallace and gromit (for fun, not for an actual game)

it seems to be caused when a model is scaled down. if you have imported your model with the default model importer chances are it is massive when imported first.

scaling it down changes the scale property of the model, as well as changing the actual size of the parts and bones inside of the model

by default, this value is 1, but since the model is so large when imported, after scaling the model down it would look something more like
and it seems that the lower this value, the more “slippery” and harder to control the model seems to become

to fix this, you can select all of the parts inside of your model and press L-Ctrl+X (which will delete all of the parts in your model. and copy them to your clipboard),
change the scale of the model to 1,
and then paste back the parts into your model (L-Ctrl+V)

then your model should no longer slippery!
the downside for this is that the imported animations may not work correctly, but this could also be fixed by scaling the model down inside of your 3D modeling software.

ive probably explained some things really horribly, so if you need any more details or it doesnt work, just let me know!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.