Help with New Proximity Chat (TextChatServices)

I checked with F9 on the server window, but its not returning a warn input but it did work on this clean game that I loaded, I’m going to try and take this script again and insert it on my main game and see if it works.

If it worked, then the script we’re having issue might have some problems in it xD if it didn’t work, then… there’s got to be something from the tons of scripts I have that is bugging the process of it.

I wonder what could have been messing with it.

Thats a very possible reason.

If a new clean baseplate is getting results with the basic script I provided then its something with your experience scripts that has been added.

Still could be that the whole main script could have some issues, but, we already fixed the most important ones, like the character/player/HRP stuff… The only way to notice if theres something wrong with that is by reading output and adding warns

1 Like

OMG I FOUND THE PROBLEM THAT’S PREVENTING IT

Adonis is preventing it!! so I removed it right now, and apparently, I’ll need to implement my own Admin System for a bit.

1 Like

Awesome, glad you found that module causing issues in your approach. Honestly, and this will be a “polemic” statement: “Never use modules you don’t own or at least be able to make on your own”… I know there are plenty of modules that can be helpful but, I’m just not comfortable with using any, I prefer create my own stuff, I prefer to learn from a complex module instead of using it. You know, learning to script instead of using other’s work.
Glad you want to implement your own admin system, at least for me, that’s the “only” path

1 Like

for real, sometimes I can’t trust any of the admin commands that are in workspace, who knows those are infested with virus that could leak information. Now the only thing I need is: figuring out how to work with my own Admin Commands. Thanks again @Dev_Peashie !

Hopefully this post will help you too in the future to implement in your future games :sparkling_heart:

So to anyone wanting to Use the new Proximity Chat:

• Please remove any Admin Commands you got from the Workspace as they are using the Old Chat System and its preventing for the Proximity to Work. Hope this helps everyone!
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.